Ro/di Questions

Canadianeh

I guess installing RO/DI unit under kitchen sink is cheaper than buying RO/DI water from pet store all the time?

Which RO/DI that is good for saltwater tanking and I guess is still good for human consumption? I also notice that there are stages? I assumed 5 stages is a better unit than 4 ?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Any of them are good so long as you get the drinking water from the unit before the DI. @Pipes is great for this and can probably get you set up with a good price and all the info you need. Or at least get you pointed in the right direction for a retailer that will treat you right and for the right price.

Canadianeh

Any of them are good so long as you get the drinking water from the unit before the DI. @Pipes is great for this and can probably get you set up with a good price and all the info you need. Or at least get you pointed in the right direction for a retailer that will treat you right and for the right price.

Sorry I don't understand what you mean by "as long as you get the drinking water from the unit before the DI". What do you mean by "from the unit before the DI"? :)

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
RODI stands for Reverse Osmosis and Deionization.

There are typically four stages in a RO/DI filter: sediment filter, carbon block, reverse osmosis membrane, and deionization resin. If there are more, something was duplicated, typically different micron sediment filters. If you are looking to drink the water, you add a 'T' where the water comes out of the reverse osmosis membrane before the deionization resin. You use that into the pressurized reservoir to your sink tap drinking water. Like the picture below, the DI resin is the last canister on the right. You can obviously see the T'ed off blue line that would be feeding drinking water.

0407031408_zps091c63c9.jpg

Canadianeh

so it looks like I need to have a pressure tank to install RODI unit :(

I live in a condo, where I am going to put a pressure tank?? I don't know if this is going to work out for me. Maybe I should just buy distilled water, but it depends the availability and pricing. *sigh*

Canadianeh

I don't know if I need a pressure tank or not. I have been advised that I need one if I want to install RODI unit under my kitchen sink.
I don't really care if I can drink RO water or not. I just want to install RODI unit under my kitchen sink without adding presssure tank and an extra kitchen faucet. Is this possible?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Pressure tank is for the drinking water. He wants to use it for drinking water and needs the pressure tank to hold water for drinking. If not it is going to take a REAL long time to grab a quick drink lol.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Canadianeh

I don't really care if I can drink RO water or not. I just want to install RODI unit under my kitchen sink without adding presssure tank and an extra kitchen faucet. Is this possible?

Canadianeh

I found this video on youtube, and this IS a relieve for me! I can apparently not to install this permanently and just hook it up on the faucet only if I need to use it :)

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
I have the 100 gallon a day vertex with booster pump and I live on a 10 th apt. I put it in the shower stall and hook it to the shower massage hose and make 20 gallons into 4 - 5 gallon jugs every 2 weeks. ..when I done I put it in n a big garbage bag and store it in a deacons bench

Canadianeh

Where can I buy just the pressurized tank if I decide to install my RODI system under the kitchen sink?

heath

Distinguished Member
here is a picture of my tanks (2).. they are under the kitchen sink.. the coil of hose is for doing top ups on the tanks and fill my water drums that are in another room.. I only have ro, no di, drink the water. I also have a separate tap

Attachments

• HPIM1199.JPG
    HPIM1199.JPG
    874 KB · Views: 61

Nighthawk26

Where can I buy just the pressurized tank if I decide to install my RODI system under the kitchen sink?
I'm so confused. Did you not just above say you don't care about drinking RO drinking water? Please note the difference from RO and DI if you are wanting to drink. Beyond that, if you are not caring about drinking, why are you wanting the tanks?

Canadianeh

I'm so confused. Did you not just above say you don't care about drinking RO drinking water? Please note the difference from RO and DI if you are wanting to drink. Beyond that, if you are not caring about drinking, why are you wanting the tanks?

Sorry for not making myself clear. What I was trying to say, IF I decided to install it under my kitchen sink permanently in the future and drink the RO water, where do I get the tank add on?