Glamorca Gyre Flow, Any One Have One?

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
I have a real x150 that was only used for a couple of months that you could have for the price of that copy...but probably serious overkill for your tank size...

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I am really on the fence. I want to try this out, but also really want to try out the Apex WAV. I wish I could try it before I buy it lol. Not sure how this will flow on my peninsula tank. I really do not want to put it on the open end, which limits placement on the wall side.

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I am really on the fence. I want to try this out, but also really want to try out the Apex WAV. I wish I could try it before I buy it lol. Not sure how this will flow on my peninsula tank. I really do not want to put it on the open end, which limits placement on the wall side.
Buy one try it out and if you don't like it. I'll give you $100 at frag fest for it no questions asked. ;)

WiredWeasel

Debating whether or not to crack it open to see if it has the Ceramic upgrades that the last generation got. The new XF- 2XX also allegedly have the same upgrades. But that also requires work.

WiredWeasel

To be honest, its a bit too early to say. Since this is a third party manufacturer copying a design that has been known to have long term reliability issues. In addition to that it only has 1 year worth of warranty. Though there isnt much in the Canadian market for wavemakers/pumps at around its price range. Seems like a gamble. I'll let you guys know if it tries to electrocute my fish.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I still want to try one. The worst part is that one is getting delivered here in a few days and I can't touch it!!! J&L Aquatics is providing one as a door prize for the show.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

WiredWeasel

So... Quick update of sorts. I am currently running the wavemaker on gyre mode at 0-10%. When it reverses flow it makes an audible mechanical clicking noise. Where I originally got the pump it was not making any noise. Now it is getting steadily louder... It is not audible unless you are peering down at the tank in the vicinity of the pump. This has not happened with my previous xf130.

WiredWeasel

Well, its been 2 months since I got it. The reverse spinning pump on the right has failed. Lets see how this RMA thing works with this company. Will update when it gets sorted. Or I suppose if it does not get sorted out.

jroovers

Super Active Member
Anyone else use one of the galmorca's? I need to replace bushings on my original "old" XF130 gyre with the half moon shaft, which are apparently not available anymore, by the time I buy a new shaft, get new paddles/cages, I might as well look at getting a new gyre. Mine was working really well up until recently, only replaced the bushings once, and I think with new bushings/paddles (one is a bit bent looking) would be fine (if they were available).