Power Head Not Working

ColbytheClown

Hello everyone, so here is my issue. I have a biocube 32 gal, and the built in powerhead will NOT turn back on. I unplugged it to do a water change, then plugged it back in, but nothing happening. The water level on the side is filled up to the top, any ideas??? Thanks.
image.jpg
image.jpg

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
That power head you are referring to is not actually a power head but the outlet for the pump... the pump is either not working or u have a blockage. .. I'd look into it ASAP as it will actually be affecting your filtration!

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Thank you Nathan...didn't know it wasn't a power head... LOL
No worries Colby. .. when the water is pumped through the filtration system that's the out let to put water back in to the tank. .. good luck Colby

Luke.

Distinguished Member
You should be able to take the pump out of the back of the tank where it sits and sometimes 99% of the time you can take them apart and grab a tooth brush and give it a good cleaning in warm water with vinager .

Quartapound

In this situation I would pay close attention to the noises the pump is making. Is it dead silent(rotor not moving at all)? is it way louder than it should be? or does it have the normal pump 'hum'?

As Luke said, you should be able to get the pump out and disassemble/scrub it with a brush. if it's clean and STILL having issues, just try turning it on and back off. Pumps sometimes don't start spinning in the right direction (as funny as that sounds) and there are mechanical "stops" to make sure it's spinning in the right direction. sometimes (on cheaper pumps/powerheads especialy, I've found) it doesn't start properly, and a quick powercycle gets things going properly again. (experienced this with a cheap Sunsun powerhead)