Any Rc Fans Around

What RC do you enjoy most

• Total voters

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
motor, esc, prop, servo, receiver, lights and smoke machine all set up. lights, esc and smoke machine all have their own on/off switch and battery. clear coat sprayed and just finishing final touches then float test and ballast. final assembly will be soon. heres a night pic of the lights. still need to cut plexi for cabin windows but looks sharp so far.

20170312_014951.jpg bow

20170312_014919.jpg stern

Quartapound

Late to the party. I was first bitten by the RC bug back in 2004ish, started with an F27 Stryker... then again hard in the Spring of 2014 with FPV and quadcopters.

my two favourite ships is my custom built DJI F450 with DJI motors/ESC's, Naza V2, MinimOSD... can't wait to try it this season with my new (much lighter) Hero 5 Session.

My other favourite is my Zephyr II with RVOSD autopilot and Dragonlink LRS. It's a pretty serious machine.

I have quite a few other RC planes, as well as a Rustler VXL truck.

I also learned to fly on an old manual collective pitch Trex 450 Heli and also used to play in the ponds with a Blackjack 26 brushless cat boat.

My favourite mini quad for around the house is the Hubsan X4

3GWikxc.jpg

9nTtWyE.jpg

NPcIhKP.jpg

frWE0Jx.jpg

Last edited:

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Very jealous

My mother in law picked me up a small lightweight drone to play with. Still pretty basic, but 12" span rather then the 2" I hda before. Got it stuck 30' up in a tree the third flight. Luckily I had some 1" lengths of PVC and build a long as pole with a hook and was able to get it down. lol

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
The final product. Damn I miss stickers at this point. Writing the name 7 times Over small and neat sucks. Still need a white gel pen so I can finish the back with name and home port. Lights all work, tiny windows are on now and smoke works great it even has that puff puff engine look to it. Tested in the bathtub and everything is good for the maiden voyage in a pond!
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Awesome video. Thing moves quicker then the real on though lol

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
Lmao ya and was only about half speed at most lol. I was trying to make it wobble so I could check the ballast and now I know it's all good I can adjust the controller to limit the max speed. This controller is awesome I can fully adjust everything even the timing for the motor throttle!

NewFishGuy

Man that thing is a beast! Puts my old blackjack to shame lol. I got into RC as a teen, my dad got me flying nitro planes. I hung up my wings when I crashed a $1500 GeeBee stunt plane.

Got back into RC later on with nitro on road then monster trucks, then made the transition to electric on road, then to electric rock crawling/mudding. I tried my hand again with flight, in the form of helis, my sister bought me a blade cp pro a couple years ago but I could never get it off the ground, so I stuck with micro helis.

I still have a tamiya m03 mini (swift body) and a custom tamiya/axial hybrid scale crawler sitting around, collecting dust.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
My blade 450 3d just exploded lol.

Its been broken with a chewed up main drive gear for a year now. Fixed it. Dicking around with it on the ground ,no flying, and something on the blade assembly let loose and one blade went one way and the other one went the other. I damn near had my leg skewered by one of them. missed by an inch or 2.

Lessons learned:

Do not stand with in 15 feet of a spooled up heli, even if you are not going to fly it.
Loctite the little bolts holding the blade holders on the pivot shaft thing. ( My best guess thats what came loose)

Now I get to set up a heli head gear from scratch since alot of the control arms and ball sockets are bent or busted.

:)

Fun

Josh

Keep that boat out of lake superior! I have a RC ranger fishing boat i bought to play around with my nephew at my parents cottage in Erieau

The-Radio-Ranger-Rc-Fishing-Boat.jpg

You can fish with it, we would tie a small bobber and a worm to it drive it out like 15ft from the dock and my nephew would fish with it, absolutely loves it.

There are youtube videos of people using those things with latch release systems to tuna fish out in the ocean which is pretty crazy.

Girlfriend also bought me a hover milenium falcon as well, its so light tho that any wind at all even super light wind causes it to fly crooked and oddly.

1415057015991214663.jpg

as cool as they are unless you want to just mess around inside with them they arent practical for outside, they are made of mostly foam so they are fairly indestructable.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Keep that boat out of lake superior! I have a RC ranger fishing boat i bought to play around with my nephew at my parents cottage in Erieau

The-Radio-Ranger-Rc-Fishing-Boat.jpg

You can fish with it, we would tie a small bobber and a worm to it drive it out like 15ft from the dock and my nephew would fish with it, absolutely loves it.

There are youtube videos of people using those things with latch release systems to tuna fish out in the ocean which is pretty crazy.

Girlfriend also bought me a hover milenium falcon as well, its so light tho that any wind at all even super light wind causes it to fly crooked and oddly.

1415057015991214663.jpg

as cool as they are unless you want to just mess around inside with them they arent practical for outside, they are made of mostly foam so they are fairly indestructable.
I wanted to buy that falcon lmao just to say I'm flying the millennium falcon lmao my little drone can't handle wind at all except high speed but it still blows pretty good.

Quartapound

Lately I've been looking into ideas to build a nice little sub 250g machine to fly around... I want to be able to have some fun at the park near my house without having to deal with Transport Minsiter Garneau's ridiculous new laws... Responsible hobbyists should never have to be concerned with LEO or other 'concerned citizens' who have been instructed to dial 911 when they see us flying (in most cases responsibly).

It makes me sick.

I'll be making a small sub 250 quadcopter and fixed wing fpv aircraft soon so that I can enjoy the hobby and circumvent this stupid law.

...I've written a letter to my MP regarding this law. it's largely based on the Open Letter written by the owner of Great Hobbies (who's also a private pilot) to Minister Garneau.

There's also a great youtube video by a hobbyist and Ottawa police officer that details just how ridiculous these laws actually are.

If anyone is interested in sending a letter to their MP let me know and I can provide the letter I wrote.