Show Off Your Other Pets

heath

Distinguished Member
he/she is sitting on the computer to keep warm...lol... I wouldn't know what to do at night not spitting out cat hair...

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Love this idea and love everybodies pets! Especially the sphynx cats!
Pic 1 is our female rescue husky River a.k.a Boo
Pic 2 are my 2 indoor cats, Kitty Poof Poof (female longhaired tort) and Flea (orange male)
Pic 3 my newest addition, outdoor dilute calico, Lulu
Pic 4 the nastiest bearded dragon you will ever meet, Bowser
Pic 5 This one breaks my heart. My border collie Gypsy was my best friend in the world. She went everywhere with me. We lost her this past november after a long battle with an unknown brain disease. She was 12 but before the disease hit her she was as fit and active as she was when I got her at age 5. She began having seizures and then shortly after her brain function started going, changing dramatically sometimes from hour to hour. My life literally stopped as I spent 24/7 caring for her, but no matter what I did, how many vets she saw, how much money we spent, we never figured out the cause and she suddenly passed away during an afternoon nap.
Pic 6 and lastly my very tolerant male Rotti/Shepherd, Sid Vicious lol. View attachment 12042View attachment 12043View attachment 12044View attachment 12045View attachment 12046View attachment 12047
I can greatly under stand your loss and how hard it was... I had a previous boxer I had for 15 years (very old for a boxer)she was like a puppy until her last week.... she stopped eating and couldn't figure out why... after 2 days we went to the vets and she was diagnosed with cancer.. this girl was my best friend as well. We got her as a puppy when my kids where baby's. I eventually when the through a divorce and she helped keep me sane. She admired me and I her. So I took her home from the vets so we as a family could deal with it and say our good buys which is the hardest thing in this world I ever had to do. I hand fed her for a 3 days ... I felt I owed her something so I nursed her for those days and planned on taking her in to vets for our final good buys Saturday morning of that week. Friday night a slept with her on the couch and said my final good buys . In the morning she lay on my chest and she was gone... absolutely was the hardest thing I ever had to do... my heart goes out to you for your loss

SamB

Super Active Member
I can greatly under stand your loss and how hard it was... I had a previous boxer I had for 15 years (very old for a boxer)she was like a puppy until her last week.... she stopped eating and couldn't figure out why... after 2 days we went to the vets and she was diagnosed with cancer.. this girl was my best friend as well. We got her as a puppy when my kids where baby's. I eventually when the through a divorce and she helped keep me sane. She admired me and I her. So I took her home from the vets so we as a family could deal with it and say our good buys which is the hardest thing in this world I ever had to do. I hand fed her for a 3 days ... I felt I owed her something so I nursed her for those days and planned on taking her in to vets for our final good buys Saturday morning of that week. Friday night a slept with her on the couch and said my final good buys . In the morning she lay on my chest and she was gone... absolutely was the hardest thing I ever had to do... my heart goes out to you for your loss

Beautiful posting Nathan - thank you for reminding us how much our animal friends can mean to us and how much they can teach us

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Thank you for the kind words shamus and Sam... I wish all people who owned animals would allow there pets to touch them like mine did and do for me! She will be with me forever :)

Nicole New Lowell

Thanks Nathan. It really is the hardest thing to do to let them go, and not knowing what is the best thing to do makes it that much harder. If I had known Gypsy could not have gotten better I would have chosen to end her suffering sooner, but at the time the vets were so baffled by her case none of us wanted to give up. 15 years is a long life for a boxer but I know that doesn't make her passing any easier. I thought I would have had Gypsy much longer. I too had to hand feed her at the end, she was hungry but her brain wasn't telling her how to eat. Only true animal lovers (like all of us here) can understand how very painful it is to see them go.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Here's my baby boy Loki 9 months 93lbs cane corso/German shepherd mix.
image.jpeg Puppy
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Now

Tomtopping

Great looking cat @Tomtopping. My wife disagrees though. Oh, nice laptop too, I have the same one.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
Haha a lot of people disagree it is one of those things that have to grow on you I think I wasn't a fan at first. When. My buddy got one after a few weeks I had to habe one there personality is like no other