Teebone's Epic 210G SPS Build

Jewel

Very nice T beautiful. I know how much sweat and tears you've put into your tank. And yes nice to see Darryl is still active. I too learned a lot from him, as many did. Keep the pics coming.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Say hello, to my little friend :)

Finally got lucky with a very rare, juvenile sargassum trigger. I've been waiting extremely long to get one of these guys.

He's about 2 inches long and has been eating like a champ. He was very shy as it look about 2 weeks for him to come out of hiding to show is awesome personality. Still has not developed the red tail that are unique to sargassum triggers. It will be fun to watch this guy grow!

Here are a few pics...

Special thanks to Red at The Coral Reef Shop for locating this guy for me and holding him until I could pick him up.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I have been re-acquainted with the real deal, "kryptonite torch" - I've been patiently waiting for a frag to become available, since I lost my last one to disease over 1-2 years ago.

Just dropped it into my DT today, and it seems to be adjusting nicely ;)

If you haven't seen this one, it is truly a "show stopper" and one of a kind.

Although I have no direct lineage or proof, I am pretty sure it originated from upstate New York, aka Todd's Torch and was brought into the GTA at least 8-10 years ago. Through stories of past owners, I have loosely pieced things together.

I've seen it periodically available on ReefCentral on the Upstate NY board and have even considered bringing it over- but that can have challenges of it own. The pictures of Todd's Torch and slow growth tendency are identical to this one.

I'm aware of only a couple other local hobbyists that currently have it. Because this thing is such a very slow grower, it is difficult to keep it thriving in our community. Im optimistic though.

I saw the Kevin Tran just posted a pic of his small colony in his recent build thread, so he and Dan/Deeznutz can relax that I won't be bugging them for a frag any longer :)

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Some pics I found compliments of Deeznutz- this thing is a beaut!

24648322321_5c8fa39c7d_b.jpg

23893438266_5c92da43dd_b.jpg

23753075692_f1d748873f_b.jpg

11691589545_82b1f6ec8e_b.jpg

25035936475_29b61e4338_b.jpg

25009464876_d8a3149374_b.jpg

Last edited:

Kevin Tran

Super Active Member
Nice found Tyler, I was thinking of you when I saw it up on the board and I know you see it too lol. Did you pick up anything else? What was your impression on the Walt Disney acro. I got the itch for it, but I don't know if it the real deal or it just a look alike

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Nice found Tyler, I was thinking of you when I saw it up on the board and I know you see it too lol. Did you pick up anything else? What was your impression on the Walt Disney acro. I got the itch for it, but I don't know if it the real deal or it just a look alike

Yes- I am glad that things worked out.

I was tempted to grab some other collector pieces but needed to restrain myself, lol
All pieces are legit, with direct lineage from reputable sources.

I did however make some other acquisitions this weekend with a sweet frag of Jason Fox Flame acro and a healthy cut of RR Magic. Can't wait to grow these guys out!

Last edited:

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I am sorry, but that torch is freaking amazing. I am very jealous of it several times over. Any pics of the RR Magic and Jason Fox Flame acro? My google searches come up all over the place, all nice pieces though. It is great to see such amazing pieces coming out of a local shop, even nicer to see that you were able to pick up on the weekend none the less. I personally do not like to ship corals or live stock. Almost time to start another thread for this tank and consolidate the pictures. Then again, Acro Heaven is a showstopper all on its own.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I am sorry, but that torch is freaking amazing. I am very jealous of it several times over. Any pics of the RR Magic and Jason Fox Flame acro? My google searches come up all over the place, all nice pieces though. It is great to see such amazing pieces coming out of a local shop, even nicer to see that you were able to pick up on the weekend none the less. I personally do not like to ship corals or live stock. Almost time to start another thread for this tank and consolidate the pictures. Then again, Acro Heaven is a showstopper all on its own.

Yes- thanks for the kind words as I have had a crazy obsession with this torch, since the first time I had ever seen it within some fellow reefers DTs.

I haven't had a chance to capture any of my new frags in a photo, but I will very soon.

I found some pics online, and here is a pic of the "RR Magic"- it was a no name aussie frag collected by Reef Raft in 2013. A local shop brought it in and it coloured up nicely, and the name "Magic" was coined by them. That is why you can't find a lot online about it. It could be considered a reef raft rarity- lol :)

Here is a pic of the "RR Magic"

And there should be alot on the web about the signature Jason Fox "Flame" acro. Here is a pic from the Jason Fox website in its glory. It doesn't seem to require a lot of light and is easier to keep in relation to most sps.

Being local has its advantages to hit up some of the local shops, but I've been known to drive insane distances for this crazy hobby. :rolleyes:

My thread is getting jam-packed with lots of pics, but I kind of like it, as it also serves as a log of progress, growth, and some key learnings to reflect back to at later dates.

Last edited: