Photos from my 120

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Any chance you can pull some of the colonies/fish and and have someone hold them til this is all over ?
I feel for you :(

jroovers

Super Active Member
I thought about that, the fish I didn't expect to be effected, and the corals that are left I wonder if moving them would be the final push over the top to make them fully rtn. The milles are coming around, and I think with a few more water changes I may have things stabilized out, with some loses of course.

nexusnight

Dang man what a bummer. I recently used the flatworm exit too and didn't even see anything flinch in the tank. Flat worms died,ran carbon after and one water change, good to go. Sorry to hear of ur losses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jroovers

Super Active Member
A brief update, most of the corals are rebounding nicely... That is the good news.

Bad news (for the tank anyway) is that I am moving across town, and due to closing dates, will be selling the livestock and tank. Once settled in the new place, I will probably start a new build mostly from scratch, once I catch my breath. Will be going straight to part out probably around the end of August in case anyone is interested in my livestock, the tank, stand, lighting and sump. Going to probably keep my Tunzes, Reefkeeper, and skimmer for the next build.

curiousphil

Super Active Member
A brief update, most of the corals are rebounding nicely... That is the good news.

Bad news (for the tank anyway) is that I am moving across town, and due to closing dates, will be selling the livestock and tank. Once settled in the new place, I will probably start a new build mostly from scratch, once I catch my breath. Will be going straight to part out probably around the end of August in case anyone is interested in my livestock, the tank, stand, lighting and sump. Going to probably keep my Tunzes, Reefkeeper, and skimmer for the next build.

That is a bittersweet update.... but it will be mostly good in the long run I'm sure. What part of town are you moving to?

PS I'll definitely be interested in some of your coral when it comes to parting out.... I've wanted a piece of your red convexa for quite some time.

jroovers

Super Active Member
I'll post everything up at the end of August, with the coral going first. Hopefully by then some of my pieces will have coloured back up. I'd like to sell some of the nicer/bigger colonies as is, but that will depend on their condition/interest. The pieces that haven't faired so well I will likely frag up, and then sell them for cheap, or even give a bunch of stuff away with the hopes that in the future when I'm back up and running, the favour will be returned. Everything is going to be priced to move as I simply won't have a ton of time, will be some great deals.

jroovers

Super Active Member
Now that the flatworms are just a bad memory, inspired to bring back the glory? ;)

Been a while since I've logged on! This tank has been shut down for almost three years since my move. It was just really entering its prime when I shut it down - it still stings a bit looking at the old FTS! My wife still says "why did you get rid of your old tank, I liked that one much better" lol - my 45 gallon is still up and running, and I haven't had much time to devote to it.

Where there's smoke, there's fire... Im anticipating a jroovers return very soon :cool:

:worthless:

I'd like to get my 45 running better and allow it to reach some of its potential. After this winter, maybe looking towards the winter of this upcoming one, I'd consider a new, larger build. Something in the 180 gallon range, or bigger. In short, don't expect any new photos in this thread, but I'll update my 45 thread in the near future.

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Been a while since I've logged on! This tank has been shut down for almost three years since my move. It was just really entering its prime when I shut it down - it still stings a bit looking at the old FTS! My wife still says "why did you get rid of your old tank, I liked that one much better" lol - my 45 gallon is still up and running, and I haven't had much time to devote to it.

I'd like to get my 45 running better and allow it to reach some of its potential. After this winter, maybe looking towards the winter of this upcoming one, I'd consider a new, larger build. Something in the 180 gallon range, or bigger. In short, don't expect any new photos in this thread, but I'll update my 45 thread in the near future.

There are some sweet deals out there, especially in the 180 range- just say'n

Big_Als_London

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate

I know a guy when you are ready