Eb8 Not Working. Blown D8/9 Diode?

badstraw

Im trying to repair my EB8...
I can see the orange light and Im able to hear the relay when it clicks, but the aquabus ports or the outlets are not working...

IMG_9529.JPG

Im having a hard time trying to disassemble the top part. Did you have to remove the outlet covers? or is not necessary..

Should I replace the D8-D9 diodes or the capacitors that are located on the other side of the pcb?

I'd appreciate any help.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
This is well beyond me. I only learned what I did from the R2R thread. Like their thread, this should have its own thread. this is a different issue and to avoid any confusion I will move this from the triac repair to its own thread.

Yes I removed the outlet covers. Yes, it was a total pain in the add to remove them. I am pretty good at it now that I have done it a half dozen times though.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
From looking at the picture D8-9 look to be ok, hard to tell though as a pic from the right side or other side may help better, it looks as if the port circuitry has arked over to another circuit route, salt creep mAybe or possibly some bad soldering joints?¿ or maybe was the capacitor as the board looks like it has a blow through from a big 'pop' (capacitor)

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
As for removing the front plate, just start at one end and pop those tabs. Keep outward pressure so it doesn't snap back together. As you work across it gets easier. After I popped the first one I put a slot screwdriver in the gap to stop it from going back together. It is an extremely frustrating step.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk