Slim Overflows! Which One Should I Get?

Quartapound

Loving the look of these slim overflows vs the traditional internal overflows for my new tank build. It'll be around 120G.

Trying to decide on which one I like and I see one of the ones I'm considering from BRS is a doorcrasher, $75 off...

The 3 I've found

Injection Molded PVC
1.6" thick at its widest point (tapered top to bottom)
upto 3/4" glass​

1.34″ thick
upto 5/8" glass​

thick acrylic, looks solid
1.25" thick​

They all have the 3 drain design necessary for Bean Animal. obviously the eclipse doesn't have comparable flow rate.

Any suggestions?

Quartapound

So far I think I'm leaning towards the Elite Aquatics.... It's pretty slick looking, seems very well built. here's some more pics and info

These are a very simple to install, plug and play overflow system that run extremely quiet. Elite Aquatics manufacture their overflows in house using their own state of the art CNC router out of quality cell cast acrylic bringing you a quality product made in America!

Elite Aquatics Overflow Pics
elite%20overflow%201-1500x1500.jpg

elite%20overflow%208-1500x1500.jpg

elite%20overflow%206-1500x1500.jpg

elite%20overflow%203-1500x1500.jpg

Last edited:

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I like the side window on the elite, but the shadow wins hands down to me. They are quite similar, but I like that the teeth are removable for cleaning in the shadow vs elite. I do and do not like that the shadow bulkheads are molded in. If they crack, you have to replace the whole thing, but on a plus, you know they will not leak and nothing to tighten extra. Over all, shadow hands down.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

SamB

Super Active Member
Those overflows are very cool options
Our hobby’s technology continues to positively evolve !