Triton Method Experience

Josh

ive been reading into this a fair bit lately. Sounds like you need trace element testers to do it properly.

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
The Triton system appears to have a setup that you send your water into them to get tested and its on a website as well. It might be an independent lab.

Quartapound

Here's a great video/presentation from this year's MACNA, it's by Ehsan Dashti (founder/owner of Triton). It's a long video but he goes into great detail about the Triton Method, Triton Testing(ICP Testing), and the history of the technology.

It's interesting to hear perspectives from someone so advanced in the hobby. The testing is done in-house, and it sounds incredibly complex... With very expensive lab equipment ("inductively coupled plasma tests splitting your water sample into component atoms suspended in a fiery 10 000°C plasma").

....I wish I could afford regular (or even a singular) Triton testing.

Last edited:

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
BRS has the test kits and you can buy them locally at mops.

The test seem reasonable maybe even if you don’t want to use the Triton method. Testing your system for its chemistry and showing what needs to be adjusted. But you would have to get at least two tests done. One initial test then a second test to find out if you corrected the problem.

Edit: I guess you would maybe want to check again in six month because if corals are really growing then they would be needing more elements

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I have a Triton Method kit in my cart on BRS but its like $100 Canadian with shipping. I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger.