Not open for further replies.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
The difference between Frogspawn, Hammer, and Torch corals

I have been confused online about the difference between: Frogspawn, Hammer, and Torch corals. I also found that a lot of others are confused by them to. I did find a nice and easy way to tell the difference.

The frogspawn coral has many finger like appendages branching treelike with roundish bulbs at the tips that are usually a different color than the branching area that they extend from. Basically, the tentacles have tentacles.

The Hammer coral has the same structure except each tentacle only has one tip, and the tips are sort of "U" shaped instead of being roundish like the frogspawn.

The Torch coral is the most different from the other two since it's soft tissue structure is not branching like the frogspawn, and hammer. It has many long appendages that resemble tentacles with tiny bulbs at the tips.

I hope this helps someone else as it sure helped me. Apparently it is a Torch that I have.

Frogspawn Coral:

frogspawn.jpg

Hammer Coral:

hammercoral.jpg

Torch Coral:

torchcoral.jpg

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
ya but it just goes to show if you have a question, type it into the "search" bar in the top corner and you'll prob get your answer, as opposed to starting a whole new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.