15 Gallon Frag Tank

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
This project had been sitting at my place for too long. A member gave me a 30 long tank and wanted it cut in half. I took it apart a while ago and never finished it. I sat down and hammered it out tonight. Forgot progression pics, but that was mostly because my 5 year old was right with me so she could learn how to cut glass without breaking it.

It is now a 15 gallon, 36x12.5x8" frag tank. Waiting for it to dry and leak test tomorrow. Been way to long since I made a tank.

Dry fit

d1b88ce7578cba493397c4628e904f91.jpg

Siliconed and drying

3f3d66e7d3da583d64f99d75a2b86203.jpg

Hopefully will update with good news tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
This project had been sitting at my place for too long. A member gave me a 30 long tank and wanted it cut in half. I took it apart a while ago and never finished it. I sat down and hammered it out tonight. Forgot progression pics, but that was mostly because my 5 year old was right with me so she could learn how to cut glass without breaking it.

It is now a 15 gallon, 36x12.5x8" frag tank. Waiting for it to dry and leak test tomorrow. Been way to long since I made a tank.

Dry fit

d1b88ce7578cba493397c4628e904f91.jpg

Siliconed and drying

3f3d66e7d3da583d64f99d75a2b86203.jpg

Hopefully will update with good news tomorrow.

Beautiful torx...:)

Dingets

Probably already asked once upon a time, but what kind of adhesive do you use? Love the tank, very usable size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Probably already asked once upon a time, but what kind of adhesive do you use? Love the tank, very usable size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use SCS1200 by GE black or clear, whichever is feel or is available at the time.

The tank is an odd size for a frag tank, but I think a very nice size. Would work great on a bench with room to work or bag frags. Tempted on using the left over glass for another if I can find a peice for the bottom.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Thank. The glass isn't perfect. It is a well used 30 gallon that was leaking. I completely disassembled it, cutbit down, then re-built it as thisb15. it would work for home and acceptable show tank imho.

Last edited:

nanoreefwanabe

Looks good. . What are the dimensions of the bottom piece you need? I have about 25 pieces of 48"-36"x12" 1/4" glass.. none of it tempered. .I use it for making little tanks. ..I would think you would need to find new trims though if you built another. ..