15 Gallon Nano - Pics updated Mar 1st

xxmurrxx

Here is my tank, New to saltwater... Probably not the best to start out with a nano tank but Wife said try with the tank I had before buying a bigger one.  Aprox 2 months old

Setup
15 Gal, 13lb of rock, sand, nano c remora protein skimmer, aqua clear 20 filter, marine land heater.

Couple Updated Pics (Mar 1, 2011)
No equipment changes, two clowns pretty healthy, More rock rubble added aprox. 20lb now.

8ee99d51.jpg

84747ed9.jpg

d1e65d77.jpg

tank.jpg

Had a bad incident with my clownfish having some sort of disease.. 2nd fish died... then wiped out the 1st.. now the third (replaced by the LFS) is sick but i'm trying the Instant Ocean cure tablets.

If I would have did research I probably would have not bought the sick fish from the store  :eek:

ricklalonde

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Re: My First Saltwater - Nano

Nice tank! Looks like you off to a great start.

I started with a 10g then 25g then 37g then 55g then 75g and now I'm back down to a 55. I actually prefer smaller tanks. I really enjoy the small or micro side of everything that happens in a reef.

F

Fraggle Rock

Nice lookin little Tank ;D
Keep an eye on that aquaclear filter, I had two of them shock the hell outta my 40 gallon killed all my inverts and stressed the heck outta my clowns. I got a few zaps myself actually. Using a Emperor 400 biowheel for my quarintine now.

If your feelin brave just hold onto somthing grounded and stick your finger in the tank, it'll let you know if thats the problem you've having with your clowns dieing.

xxmurrxx

Thanks, Yeah the aquaclear does not seem to be the best, I added additional live rock got my nitrates down to zero so im probably going to take it off all together and see how it goes.

Also downsized the powerhead, the 750 gph seemed like a little much for 15 gal.
Updated pic. Probably going to try another go at a fish soon.
DSC00100.jpg

F

Fraggle Rock

Yeah most likely a safe bet getting that Aquaclear outta there, but i don't think you should depend strictly on your Live Rock and protein skimmer to remove all the junk that your powerheads are working to keep suspended in your water column.
Try to find another small filter that's saltwater friendly.
It does not have to be big or expensive, just something that can remove the particles that are too big for your skimmer to take out.

http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/pf-aapen12/Marineland+Penguin+150+Power+Filter.html
or something similar would be good IMO