2 part BRS vs. 2 part B-ion ESV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kleko

Title says it all. What's better in your opinion taking into account price and effectiveness.
Thanks

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Get the Royal Aquarium stuff.  Works the same as BRS (a few of us are using it), and I think is less expensive.  I don't really know of anyone (personally) using the B-ionic.  I assume the b-ionic is more expensive since it's a branded product (and not a bulk generic). 

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
Salty Cracker link said:
Get the Royal Aquarium stuff.  Works the same as BRS (a few of us are using it), and I think is less expensive.  I don't really know of anyone (personally) using the B-ionic.  I assume the b-ionic is more expensive since it's a branded product (and not a bulk generic).
bigshow uses b ionic .....baller

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Petercar link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=4292.msg39428#msg39428 date=1360189276]
[/quote]

Heh well now I stand corrected.  I'll come clean and admit I would never use it because a LFS tried to push it on me once.  ;)

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I am also a "baller" LOL

I use ESV BIONIC as well......just started buying it in the 4G bulk versions.....saves me a little bit......I am ever so tempted to switch to pharm grade soda ash and calcium chloride to see if it makes a difference......other than price that is haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

B

Bill@IA

Petercar link said:

We use B Ionic at Incredible Aquarium as well and really like the long term results it helped us achieve.

:)

C

copperkills

Ive been using the B-Ionics for years...dont really know any different.  Extremely easy to use and have never experienced any negative effects.

I

IrishPride

Dido....I am using B Ionic as well.  I've never had any issues.

P

phi delt reefer

Ive only used BRS two part but I have used their salt and its on whole different level. No residue and mixes uber clean.

I think a while back I read the ESV 2 part has more trace elements than the generic stuff BRS sells. No clue as to how important the trace elements are.

I like ESV stuff. Not a lot BS marketing like the other guys.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
There is a 30kg bag if calcium chloride at tsc for 16 bucks:)

Status
Not open for further replies.