2014 Lansing coral expo/swap

D

draper

\I thought it wouldn't be too early to start throwing some ideas around the logistic
s of getting 3 minivans full of us out of Windsor and maybe 3 more out of sarnia. count me in for 1.  need to discuss meeting point in Windsor and sarnia, times and even the possibility of staying the night after.  this might help out with some of the 1.5 to 2 hr drive home for some guys when we cross back to Canada.  lansing is about 2 hrs from Detroit.  besides, spending 50 bucks on milk, cheese, eggs, butter goes along way over there fellas. save 10 bucks a case on beer too even after duty. anyways, let the suggestions roll. im looking for some rare corals. im getting tired of frog spawn and trumpets. and local lfs don't stock any good sps corals. that's what im looking for.

Reef Hero

Super Active Member
I would have to disagree with you when you say that local Lfs does not stock any good sps..... SW Ontario gets lots of great corals! Big difference between here and the states is lineage IMO......our southern friends have found a way to keep lineage and proper names for the corals better than we have. I'm sure they have some super sweet corals but so do we here....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ricklalonde

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Reef Hero link said:
I would have to disagree with you when you say that local Lfs does not stock any good sps..... SW Ontario gets lots of great corals! Big difference between here and the states is lineage IMO......our southern friends have found a way to keep lineage and proper names for the corals better than we have. I'm sure they have some super sweet corals but so do we here....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree. But I think he was just talking about the lfs's in Windsor.

G

Gietz

Windsor sucks for saltwater! You can't even find torchs or Duncan's lol!

D

draper

well make that Windsor. im not to concerned on how they are named , I know what im looking for and there aint nothing out this way.

the thread was for the expo, lets keep it on subject.

DerekL

I guess you beat me to making the thread.  Anyways windsor you don't get any sps at the lfs. I know exactly what draper is saying. Anyways I am in for going. If my wife doesn't work we could drive as well but we don't have a mini van.