24 Gallon Nano Reef Updated

Jenn

Inactive Since Crash
This is my 24 gallon nano cube reef. I've had it running since November 2010.

Marineland Reef LED Light

2 Ocellaris Clownfish
Bar Goby
Flametail Blenny
Arrow Crab
Cleaner Shrimp
Blue Legged Hermits
Assorted Snails
Bubble Tip Anemone
Yellow Toadstool
Candy Cane
Finger Leather
Yellow Leather
Red Mushrooms
Pom Pom Xenia
Feather Duster
Frogspawn
Green Star Polyps
Assorted Polyps

So some new additions have been added to my tank over the last month. Just thought I would share some new pics and I wanted to say thanks to Rick for supplying me with pretty much all my frags. The new additions include:

Nuclear Green Favia
Purple, White & Green Acans
Orange Crush Acans
Pink/Purple Chalice
Green Chalice
Duncans
Green Brittle star
Christmas Favia
Porcelain Anemone Crab
Another Cleaner Shrimp
Lawnmower Blenny

Thanks for looking :)

Jenn

Inactive Since Crash
Re: 24 Gallon Nano Reef

I love it! I used to just have the light hood that came with the nano cube but the plastic piece that covers the bulbs cracked from the salt. So I got one of the marineland double bright lights until December when I was able to afford this light. I would suggest it to everyone. The shimmer effect is awesome. Thanks for looking.

S

shayneh

Looks good makes me want to fire the biocube back up and fill it with softies....but then I remember how uncomfortable the couch is to sleep on.

xxmurrxx

Very nice tank.

I was thinking about the double bright as a temp cheap solution to starting up my 90 Gal.
Any review on it?

C

Cal_stir

That's awesome Jenn

I'm curious to know how the zoos do so close to the light, watch those xenias, we had to remove ours as they were spreadind like wildfire.

Jenn

Inactive Since Crash

I have a double bright light on my other tank...it's put out a lot of light but not even close to what the reef led does...I 'm not sure that the double bright would be enough for corals.

Jenn

Inactive Since Crash

My polyps seem to be spreading already and my xenia has split itself. The other corals just keep getting bigger.

Jenn

Inactive Since Crash

I was under the impression that most zoas love the light except for the deep water ones. I've always had good luck putting them right under it. I heard that a lot about xenias but I love them and if they spread they spread. Oh ya I wanted to tell you that the frogspawn I got from you is doing fantastic. I noticed yesterday that the one branch has a bubble right in the middle so I guess it will be spawning soon. Thanks again .

Jenn

Inactive Since Crash

Most definitely! I sure I'm going to have to start fragging some stuff in a couple of months...