Josh

If you run a QT tank thats nice, Dip your coral, put it in QT, dip again 24 hrs later, QT again, Dip one last time. Your main worry is pest eggs that survive dips. Typically a double dip like that should handle that.

I like doing peroxide dips for hair algae.

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Thanks for the reminder, I have a couple little Yumas that need to be dipped again in peroxide. They moved around a bit on their plugs and I can see some algae where they were standing.
I said I didn't have an issue, yet I guess I do lol.

What ratio of peroxide and water to you like to use, or straight 3%?
3% but at 4/1 ratio, I even use 3/1 if need be, usually, 1-2 min dip,

Josh

Ive been down that road, slow er down otherwise you will be back here asking advice on pest removal which most of us will tell you sucks total ass. At least dip the coral, do yourself that favor. It isnt a perfect method but it isnt bad either, you wont stop algae from getting into the system, worst algae in my opinion is bubble algae, pretty much every other type I found manageable. Bubble algae is easy to visually check for on coral.

Josh

Nope, exact opposite. It going white is indication tomorrow it will be gone, next time single dip and leave them for 48hr, bet you anything the frag plug is sparkly clean by 2nd day.

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
The blue stuff looks like bryopsis (nasty stuff), it shouldn't grow on the mushroom but it looks like the mushroom is glued( I've never glued a mushroom so I'm not sure if you can get it off the glue) so it is probably growing on the glue. The red arrow looks like ghost algae, manually remove it with tweezers and eventually it should go away.