algae turf scrubber/trough

Picture295.jpg

Picture315.jpg

Picture320.jpg

Picture322.jpg

Picture325.jpg

Picture339.jpg

Picture340.jpg

still trying to figure out what in sump skimmer to use and that will fit.

along with on how I would incorporate a refuge or ATS that will fit.

if I go the ATS route I would build something like this for sure:

UserBobthereefbuilderOnMASA-5.jpg

AcrylicOnSump.jpg

Acrylic.jpg

110.jpg

AcrylicOneWeek6500Kside.jpg

TurfBeachCloseupSmall.jpg

pics from other sites

D

Dr BlueThumb

Display/frag/grafting tank if the P.D/N.G stay as a graft.

It will have a zoa/paly frag plug garden on the gravel with a thin wall in the back full of zoas/paly's

decided to just go with the A.T.S with no skimmer. just finishing the stand staining now

and waiting for january/feb to finish buying the A.T.S: light's/pump/acrylic.

S

shayneh

Not trying to crap on your setup but everything I have read indicates running ATS (only) is a bad idea. Do you have some links where this has worked successfully? I know there is one guy that goes from forum to forum (usually booted) that praises ATS (only) systems but he's the only person I've seen that claims to have had success with them.

D

Dr BlueThumb

Algae Scrubber Basics

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1977420

Mega-Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover...

http://forum.marinedepot.com/Topic89570-4-95.aspx#bm113949

algaescrubber.net

http://algaescrubber.net/forums/

I decided to scrap the box design.

I'm hoping to incorporate a trough design instead. I just need figure out how to put it all together.

something like this:

stuff036.jpg

stuff035.jpg

stuff034.jpg

from Tabwyo's

but with 1 of these light's:

Picture038-1.jpg

S

shayneh

Could always fabricate something from acrylic...wouldn't be very hard!

R

reeffreak

that tank looks fimilair also the sump and tand do too lol good luck with it havent seen that in 2 years

D

Dr BlueThumb

I found a good deal on the frame,tank,sump a while back in chattam. it's been a while in the making lol.  n.s.f the wood surrounding the wood frame makes it strong like a tank, it weigh's a ton.

Thanks shayneh

I was going to try to use a epoxy like the picture above but I might as well use acrylic to be on the safe side.

I'll make something out of wood for the trough box, then put acrylic inside and seal it. I want to trap light inside and hopefully install leg's to the edge of the wood box trough so I can flip the light up. hopefully a nice clean design using 1 x 2 t5 h.o nova canopy

Haven't looked yet but I hope they have leg's for the nova extreme?

D

Dr BlueThumb

Current tank rock work 29G.

Picture551.jpg

Carpet's are pissed because I just took all the rock's out and re-did the rock work.

I have a eco tech mp 10 behind the rock work on one side and the inside of the mountain is hollow. Trying to get low flow in front of the rock work while having medium/fast flow behind . It's for a mini macro carpet anemone only tank, hoping they will grow to the point where I don't see the rockwork too much in the long run.

Since the pic I added small rock's through out and at the very top of the rock work and on the sides at the top, look's better and gives more room for carpet's to spread.