2nd Annual Oktoberfish Frag Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff.l

Hi All,

Once again this year we are working hard to include the salt water hobbyists to participate in the event. With that in mind we have decided to run a Frag Swap. This will be Run during the day.

Where - Back of the auction room, Waterloo Inn (475 King Street North, Waterloo, Ontario)
When - October 28th around 1:30. (We will work this out so that the salt water donation items are auctioned when waiting for frags to open)

Rules

1)    Each participant must provide a minimum of 1 decent sized and healthy frags. (more are allowed) they do not need to be the same coral, in fact we encourage you to bring all different frags (no more then 3 frags of one type)
    2)    Frags will be inspected by one of the club members who is helping run the swap. (They must be of sufficient quality and free of hitch-hikers)
    3)    All frags should be registered approximately 30 minutes before the start of the swap.
    4)    Each participant will be provided a clear food grade container for each frag.
    5)    Frags will be placed in the container (participants need to supply their own water, though we will have a little bit there just in case of emergency)
    6)    Each container will be marked with the common name of the coral species
    7)    Each participant receives one ticket for each frag they enter.
    8)    The participants can use the 30 minutes before the swap, after setting up their frags to inspect the others and decide what they want to get.
    9)    Tickets will be drawn for the order of participants
  10)    As a ticket is drawn the participant has approximately 1 minute to select a frag from those available and remove it from the table.
  11)    For frags left over (we hope there will be a few frags donated by sponsers) a random draw will be done.

If you are not sure how to frag your corals you can contact jeff.loney@hotmail.com or me@camturner.com

This event should be between an hour and an hour and a half.

We would prefer to have people registered in advance so we can try to avoid 10 of the same coral and so we know how much equipment to bring. Lighting will be provided.

Any questions or to register email me at jeff.loney@hotmail.com or contact me on the forum. This thread will also be monitored. Hope to see you all there.

jeff.l

We have decided to include a mini marine auction that will have all of our marine items.  We are hoping that given a good response we should be able to make this a stand alone event next year.  Once again let me know if you would like to attend.  We encourage everyone to come by, hopefully we will have many different sponsors on hand to answer any questions. 

jeff.l

Hey all, the date is now less then a month away.  We are working hard to make sure this event is wonderful for all.  Lots of major sponsors on board.

jeff.l

Less then ten days away.  We have over 20 donated frags just remember you will have a chance to win these just by participating.  We also have some higher end stuff that should be auctioned off, such as a poker star Monti frag.

S

steckler

I'll be there with 5 frags so all I need is frags and water right please send me a message so I know thanks

jeff.l

Correct, we have containers and lights set up.  Just the frags and the water and yourself will be wonderful!  Looking forward to seeing you there

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
steckler link said:
I'll be there with 5 frags so all I need is frags and water right please send me a message so I know thanks

5 very nice frags indeed :)

Who else is all going?? Tomorrow is the big day!

jeff.l

Just got ten LPs/softie frags and ten sps frags from rick for the event.  That puts our total frag donation in the 40 frags range. 

B

Bill@IA

jerry_doucette link said:
[quote author=steckler link=topic=3039.msg28330#msg28330 date=1350912355]

[/quote]

I won't be able to attend but Incredible Aquarium has donated 10 Frags as well.

Hope your turnout exceeds your expectations, Jeff and Cam.

:)

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Bill@IA link said:
[quote author=jerry_doucette link=topic=3039.msg28716#msg28716 date=1351337887]
[quote author=steckler link=topic=3039.msg28330#msg28330 date=1350912355]

[/quote]

I won't be able to attend but Incredible Aquarium has donated 10 Frags as well.

Hope your turnout exceeds your expectations, Jeff and Cam.

[/quote]

Cool! Did IA donate the IAS Red Diablo?

IAS%20RED%20DIABLO%20STAG%201a.jpg

S

steckler

Great job guys I had a blast will totally be back next year and for making it any better the only thing I could suggest is that it got really crowded at the tables at times and it was a little hard to find out what was going on when I got there like what to do with frags and such but overall a great time no complaints here I came home with a ton of great stuff and would like to thank everyone that took part hats off to everyone

msteane

The frag swap yesterday was great.  Thanks to the organizers and everyone who donated frags to the event.  I came home with a some neat new pieces for my tank, my favorite being a beautiful tri-colour favia brain coral.

Status
Not open for further replies.