3d Printer Accessories

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Trying my hand at design and build. My first Votrech controller holder. I found some that were already designed, but I did not like them. The one I did find that I liked was so tight it was scuffing the controller. So I am making my own from scratch. The other nice thing is that I can add 3d embossed text to the sides etc to identify with controller is which. I can also do them in custom colors and some even glow under tank lighting which will be nice for some accessories

Designed in Fusion 360
vortechtest01.jpg

Used Cura for my slicer

vortechtest02.jpg

Running on the printer now just in white PETG

Last edited:

Fredk

...and the result is?

I played with fusion 360 a little bit last year. I actually found it quite intuitive.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
...and the result is?

I played with fusion 360 a little bit last year. I actually found it quite intuitive.
V4 ended up fitting best. It is the biggest/tallest one in this pic. I only printed them high enough each time to test the fit.

e984c0c2e09dd833bf8a137453df91e7.jpg

Just started printing a final part now. It includes 4 counter sunk mounting holes and text embossed on one wing.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I think I am happy with this design. Drawing up power brick holder tonight, and hopefully printing it tomorrow. Then on to some sort of bracket for my Reeflink
26639c4aa6260d1909a26272ddf0a838.jpg

Winks

Website Affiliate
Are you able to do inserts? I'm thinking a magnet insert that would hold something throught the glass of a tank.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Are you able to do inserts? I'm thinking a magnet insert that would hold something throught the glass of a tank.
Inserts...a sketch might help. Even hand drawn and take a photo of it. Send it here it to my email quick is my nic @thefragtank.ca

Winks

Website Affiliate
I didn't really have anything pacific in mind, just wonder if it is possible. I've been toying with the idea of getting a 3d printer. What comes to mind right off the top of my head would be a frag rack that would be held in place with magnets.