3d Printing Available - Reef Safe Plastic

Chrismayu

Website
reefsense.com
I recently picked up a 3D printer. I am not starting a biz or anything but I wanted to offer the printer service to anyone on the TFT. I am only charging for material used and machine time. If you want anything printed – PM me and we can chat. The software I use lets me know how much plastic is used and long it will take- so getting a quote is straight forward. Also it doesn’t have to be Reef tank related. Visit thingiverse.com and send me a link of what item you are wanting and I’ll let you know how much it would cost and what colours of plastic I have available. If you are wanting something custom design, we can still chat. I am not that good in CAD, but I know people who are( not sure what they would charge though). The plastic I use is Reef Safe( from what I have found), but I also have FDA approved food grade plastic(only one colour so far) if you are wanting more of a security of it being Reef Safe. I am in Woodstock, but can ship if needed.

I am not sure if I have this post in the correct section ( admins let me know if not )

Anyways just wanted to get the word out :)
Chris

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
Thank you for letting us know. I'm sure people can think of all kinds of things they would like. I can think of lots but have to start saving my pennies (or nickels since they did away with pennies, LOL).

Chrismayu

Website
reefsense.com
Can you hook me up with some good design links? I am interested, but need to get something drawn up with dimensions so that I know what I am looking at. I found a few things on that site, but cant figure out the measurememnts. Maybe I just need more coffee. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:690696 as example.

I use Google Sketch-Up the free version. You'll have to add the "STL" export function - but it is easy software to use. I'll PM you and email you screen shots of the dimensions of the object in the link.

The printer has a bed of 200x200x 180h, so almost anything up to that can be printed.

I recently picked up a 3D printer. I am not starting a biz or anything but I wanted to offer the printer service to anyone on the TFT. I am only charging for material used and machine time. If you want anything printed – PM me and we can chat. The software I use lets me know how much plastic is used and long it will take- so getting a quote is straight forward. Also it doesn’t have to be Reef tank related. Visit thingiverse.com and send me a link of what item you are wanting and I’ll let you know how much it would cost and what colours of plastic I have available. If you are wanting something custom design, we can still chat. I am not that good in CAD, but I know people who are( not sure what they would charge though). The plastic I use is Reef Safe( from what I have found), but I also have FDA approved food grade plastic(only one colour so far) if you are wanting more of a security of it being Reef Safe. I am in Woodstock, but can ship if needed.

I am not sure if I have this post in the correct section ( admins let me know if not )

Anyways just wanted to get the word out :)
Chris
Hay Chris it was a pleasure to meet you... and thanks again.... the frag rack works great if anyone is looking for a neat easy frag rack this is a great option