40g Hang On Overflow

DJ Oetting

Hi!
I was just curious if you guys could give me some input on what would be the best hang on overflow box for my 40g tank that I am putting together.

Kjmsmith

I use the Eshopps PF800 on my 90 and it has never lost its siphon. I was able to make it 99% silent by adding a small length of airline tubing into the standpipe to eliminate any gurgle. It looks like the PF300 would be about the right size for your tank. You will read lots of debate on which type and brand work best, the risk of these failing and causing floods and suggestions you're better off to just drill the tank. All valid arguments. I can only speak to the Eshopps and I do regular testing on power outages, loss of suction and with my setup I have no stress over it failing. Good luck.

DJ Oetting

I use the Eshopps PF800 on my 90 and it has never lost its siphon. I was able to make it 99% silent by adding a small length of airline tubing into the standpipe to eliminate any gurgle. It looks like the PF300 would be about the right size for your tank. You will read lots of debate on which type and brand work best, the risk of these failing and causing floods and suggestions you're better off to just drill the tank. All valid arguments. I can only speak to the Eshopps and I do regular testing on power outages, loss of suction and with my setup I have no stress over it failing. Good luck.

Thanks for the input, it's much appreciated