90gal Sps And Zoa Garden (pic Heavy)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
It's awesome when you can find "larger" fish being sold small, gives you much more time before outgrowing tank.

Now all we need is a pic to see how cute he/she actually is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

will catch a pic once he stops hiding lol the ones in the bag didnt turnout so well the bag was reflecting my led's like a mirror. He was yellow till i netted him then he got pissed and went camo on me

heath

Distinguished Member
yay was at living aquariums and got me a little 2" baby one spot foxface... i couldnt help myself the little guy was so tiny and cute i had to bring him home.... hopefully if the damsels try picking on him they get a face full of spikes :) they had a bunch of 1.5" blue tangs for $40 and desjardini tangs for $90
that is awesome from the "tang queen"

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
heres a pic of the lil guy.... it wasnt easy hes still skiddish being new so when i approach the glass he takes off and he is so small so i had to zoom way in. he is the size of a frag from eric lol and doesnt even have a spot yet and prob wont for a while...
IMG_20150802_110323.jpg
ill try to get a closer pic when hes eating once i drop in brine he goes crazy. im just glad to see he dropped the camo already so the damsels must be leaving him alone

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
yay im starting to see a black spot darken near the tail. i cant believe how quick they develop it he is still so tiny but at least now he is a lil plump. so far he loves any algae he can find but turns crackhead when baby brine are added lmao. he has also recently discovered mysis shrimp but is weary of them. he takes a bite and spits it out a couple times before he will eat it but i truly believe he is just playing with his food :)

heath

Distinguished Member
yay im starting to see a black spot darken near the tail. i cant believe how quick they develop it he is still so tiny but at least now he is a lil plump. so far he loves any algae he can find but turns crackhead when baby brine are added lmao. he has also recently discovered mysis shrimp but is weary of them. he takes a bite and spits it out a couple times before he will eat it but i truly believe he is just playing with his food :)
Tangs are my favourite fish but the fox face is running a very close second..:D

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
a couple more weeks and i hit the 8 month mark with no wc and only ato refills with treated tap :) gotta love attempting the impossible..... my pink millie that lost colour kicked the bucket before too long but the new one from canada corals is doing amazing and was a huge frag. gotta love a shag carpet with 1/4" pe :) :) :)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
F*** sakes.... has been two days now and no sign of my new foxface... i think the stupid damsels got the best if him :( although things have disappead longer only to reappear lmao

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
yay i finally got me an anemone :) and its a beauty. was already starting to bubble up till i pulled the bag out of the bucket and ticked him off lol.

@100gallon thanks again if anything happens to those zoas let me know and ill get ya some more

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
knowing how sensitive anemones are i gave him a gradual 3 hr drip then had to gently coax him off since the bugger stuck to the bag. i put him on a secluded rock in an eddy current so food blows to him and before i could grab the cauldron he was already hitched tight put the cauldron on for a couple hours but guees he loves it he is so deeply footed he covers the top of the rock :) went down to check again after a bit make sure hes not wandering and caught this :D :D :D
20150902_153854.jpg
it was meant to be♥

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
so still no sign of my baby foxface so i went back to la and bought 2 this time :) and they are watching each others back from the reef roid crew and the back corner damsel gang lmao.

after dropping the boy off a school for his first day back i ventured to aquariums by design and finally got me a premium picasso. ive wanted one of these for 2 years now but couldnt find a pattern i liked (im picky) so here he is...
20150908_151800.jpg
will add another pic later when he is settled in

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
well i have my fix until the coral show comes. I went to bigshows today and scored 2 massive colonies a yellow acro and a blue digitata pics to come soon.

thanks again dave the new setup is stunning and thats coming up short for words lol and once again a happy customer as always