90gal Sps And Zoa Garden (pic Heavy)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
yay got a sweet bonus i discovered what appears to be 2 tiny tetralia glaberrina crabs. ive always wanted them to help maintain my sps but never had any hitch hike their way in. so happy right now these guys are super beneficial but too all the nubes they do look similar to acro eating crabs so dont risk it unless you know how to identify them .

crabcoral3-2.jpeg pic courtesy chucksaddiction.com

BIGSHOW

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
Website
www.bigshowfrags.com
well i have my fix until the coral show comes. I went to bigshows today and scored 2 massive colonies a yellow acro and a blue digitata pics to come soon.

thanks again dave the new setup is stunning and thats coming up short for words lol and once again a happy customer as always

Thanks buddy, good seeing you again. Nice photos of the acro, glad you kept the crab, I get lots of them with the acros, just watch out for the blue eyed acro eating ones ;)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
F******************'in stupid turbo snails. as some members know ive been very busy taking care of some family issues so my poor tank hasn't been getting the daily checks i usually do. today i go down to find my new yellow acro colony tips down in the sandbed..... another two days and i could have moved it to the very top and epoxied it in place but now im just hoping to save a tip. luckily for me i know a certain BIGSHOW will have more :D oh the joys of saltwater and the PITA it can be. At least my german blue ram digi is doing amazing :) already getting crazy amounts of white new growth tips all over :) almost every tip is forming 3-5 new ones. I sense a blue tree in the near future my dang montis grow almost as fast as my zoos and my ultimate bonsai frag has really started to take off along with my 500 dollar eflo frag(wish it was worth that still). Still trying to figure out whats with my millies lately they dont have the pe as usual but im due for testing so will figure it out soon

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
yay my two new scores from the coral show. wont even say the price but sps lovers know lol besides he was more than fair..... can anyone guess who had these lovelies? cant wait to get a pic out of the bag. colours are super intense. one day ill have a good camera to do these peices some justice
IMG_20151010_160027.jpg IMG_20151010_155828.jpg

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
well im afraid this is the best pick im gonna get with my POS phone lol still dont do thang's peices justice but better than before... this was them this morning
IMG_20151013_105837.jpg strawberry shortcake
IMG_20151013_105623.jpg red diablo

I am very impressed with the health of these frags there is not a single mark on either of them anywhere.
Thanks again :)

Last edited:

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
staying at my parents house the past month while taking care of my dad has made me realise 2 things......

1. my system is more self sufficient than i ever thought possible

and

2. my sps is growing like wildfire. Funny how once your away its like sps took steroids lmao some the peices i got from erictmah have doubled or tripled in size in a little over a year. My m.palwanesis is now about 4"x6" originally i thin it wasabout 1"x2" now its a super bright orange with deep purple polyps

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Aren't you glad you didn't give up when everything went nuts on you earlier!? Can't wait to see the pics when you get some updated ones.

Hope your Dad is on the mend.

ya i lost a few big colonies when my big tank split.... i still gotta get that beast re-built lol. All i all its going good i just miss i big long tank with all those tangs.... for now ill just stare at torx's pics lol.

As for dad hes about as good as he can get. He is in the late stages of als so it has been quite a mission for me lately. Im now his 24hr nurse so he can stay at home. I am in no way putting him into a nursing home when our prisoners get better treatment than our elderly.

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
Stay strong steve, your doing an amazing job dude, your old mans got one hell of a son on his hands:), let me know if there's anything I can do, I realize I'm a ways away, but I've been down the same road with a really good friend of mine...I'll get down that way and We will meet one day Stever:)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
Stay strong steve, your doing an amazing job dude, your old mans got one hell of a son on his hands:), let me know if there's anything I can do, I realize I'm a ways away, but I've been down the same road with a really good friend of mine...I'll get down that way and We will meet one day Stever:)

thanks man its always appreciated. and ya we need to do a massive coral exchange

yveterinarian

Super Active Member
My hat goes off to you Steve for helping out your dad this way. Just be aware there is help out there for you. You can always contact CCAC (community Care Access center) to see if he can get some PSW or Nursing help at home if he isn't already. There are some excellent home care programs out there. If you need more info, let me know.

I am so glad your corals are doing well and I look forward to the day you are able to get the other tank re-built.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
My hat goes off to you Steve for helping out your dad this way. Just be aware there is help out there for you. You can always contact CCAC (community Care Access center) to see if he can get some PSW or Nursing help at home if he isn't already. There are some excellent home care programs out there. If you need more info, let me know.

I am so glad your corals are doing well and I look forward to the day you are able to get the other tank re-built.

Ya they come in twice a week so i can get some good sleep and whatever other running i need to do they are very good i will give them that but dads a stubborn old farm boy lol so he doesnt let them do much. They are just glad he is nice to them lol. those poor girls do and put up with alot of stuff and thank god for people like them.