90gal Sps And Zoa Garden (pic Heavy)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
yay after trying different red monti digis and blue monti digis i finally got my blue and reds new growth to become one lol both seem ok and have now fully attached to one another. kinda cool if you ask me.

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
haha forgot the pic lmao sorry how bad it is i was in a rush....
IMG_20151215_211343.jpg

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
tyree sunset monti and ora tri colour valida just added to the collection.... wait untill you see the pics i load later ;) all thanks to my good buddy 100gallon

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
I'm so jelous Steve :0

i took the rock with both on it so other than water conditions it wasnt disturbed at all should grow good and neither one is anywhere close to a frag they are all med sized colonies. In my opinion if 100gallon sold what he has any cheaper he would be giving it away im surprised he still has stuff left. I know we made a decent dent in it last night but man he still has alot of awesome stuff

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
yay my flame bubbletip anemone split sometime in the past couple days.... anyone want one $75 or sps trade. its very nice.... and heres my coral from 100gallon and my fuge pic someone was asking for
IMG_20151223_170456.jpg colony from phil
20151223_161622.jpg bulb i use for fuge... dollarama macro growing maching lol
20151222_152107.jpg sump/fuge
20151222_152056.jpg mangroves and chaeto oh my

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
well i think im due for another stop at canada corals soon. the two colonies from boxing day are doing amazing. :) then again almost everything i get from there does well if i can keep my turbos away.

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
well i think im due for another stop at canada corals soon. the two colonies from boxing day are doing amazing. :) then again almost everything i get from there does well if i can keep my turbos away.
Let me know if you're going to Canada Corals Maybe you can pick me up some dry goods :)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
well no sign of the wrasse hopefully he is just playing shy..... every wrasse ive ever had has disappeared within a few weeks was hoping this one would do differently so fingers crossed the colourful lil bastard appears :)

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
i have officially lost all hope for my wrasse... will have to buy two next time so they got some backup.

while i was doing some maintenance in the tank i got blasted by a bristleworm. must say i felt very violated and disgusted :confused:

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
Both my crazy fairy wrasses are living happily in my sump...I gave up on fishing them out every few days...

I think when it's time to change tanks my Spanish Hog has to go...

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
well almost 3 years of running an sps dominant reef with zoos using only tap treated with prime and not once in this time have i ever done a wc. I do dose tho to keep levels stable myself but on topoff with treated tap never any water removal.
Must say things are looking lovely :) .

Aside from the algae issue i had while taking care of my dad that essentially was because i had no time to change carbon for 3 months and didnt add more snails lol but all is well and algae is almost completely gone.

In doing so i have come to learn alot about the natural capabilities of the reef ecosystem and have even found methods to boost these natural processes allowing them to do way more than ever thought before. One these days ill make an article about what i do when i do it and why i do it. The main focus being the "why" do i do it. At first i thought the same as everyone follow the rules or fail but instead i used the outlook of "follow the ocean to success" maybe its just that i have spent so many years hunting and fishing that i took my outlook on ecology differently than most but i know one thing. It sure makes alot more money available for coral. And remember all those doubters in the beginning its funny how most have left the forum lmao anyone left three years and still rocking and boy dont my pics look lovely :). So much for the big crash. Just goes to show knowledge is power and research pays off.

Last edited: