A Reminder To Be Careful Reaching In Your Tank

hark

I have had a health scare from my tank before, I got shot in the eye from a Zoa that got me right under my safety googles and into my eye leading to a pretty bad infection, but I was lucky no permanent damage (I have since upgraded to full face mask doing fragging).

yesterday I was moving rocks in my tank and had a pair of yellow kitchen gloves on, well don't I get a tiny cut in my finger through the gloves from the rock. thinking nothing can come of it, I carry on working in the tank finishing up. this was around 4pm and I was done by 430.

around 6pm - while saving the world from WWII (call of duty on PS4 if anyone wants to play one day), noticed I was getting the chills and was shaking. thinking I was getting sick, took a few Tylenol cold pills, jumped in the hot tub to warm up and watched some hockey.

small fever started around 6, by 830pm my fever was 104 with the cold medicine meant to bring down fever and I went to emergency because my wife said I was hallucinating. in ER they pumped me full of antibiotics and everything came back down and I got to go home early this am.

not preaching to anyone, just reminding you that even the smallest of cuts can cause some nasty things to happen. make sure to get it looked at if you start feeling gross like I did, these tanks can kill us if we are not careful they are cesspools of bacteria and other nasty things - even though they look pretty.

Tim A

Wow, thank you for the information. I am glad to hear your ok! I usually never wear gloves in my tank as it is small, but now i am going to invest in a pair for sure.

Shooter000

HomeGrownFrags
That tank doesn't happen to have any of the bluish or greenish palys you got from me does it? They were strong ones.... they got me before aswell

hark

That tank doesn't happen to have any of the bluish or greenish palys you got from me does it? They were strong ones.... they got me before aswell
I didn’t get anything from a coral it was from having a cut on my finger and just the aquarium water

That said, those palys took over my tank and suffocated everything else I had in there over the summer while I was away. Tank sitter didn’t know any different the tank looked fine. My live rock is currently sitting in a tub of Muratic acid after having a bleach bath. Oh well gives me a chance to start over and do a new aquascape