Advice Re Vortech Mp10qd Power Head And Other Models

Janice

Hello: I though by posting on the Neewbie section I might get a bit more advice on power heads.

I want an additional one for my son's 32 Gallon LED Coralife Biocube, for the benefit of his corals and anemones.

The new Vortech MP10 Quiet Drive looks great, but it is pricey. Is there anything comparable that is not as expensive, or is this a case of the more you better the better the power head you get?

Also, any recommendations on where to get the best price on the Vortech?

Thanks,Janice

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Imho, nothing is better. But as you mentioned, they are extremely pricey. I stick to Jebao, they are less then a quarter of the price and although there are bad reviews on them, they are typically great. If you buy in Ontario, you normally get any warranty issues resolved easily. If it isn't a warranty issue, you can buy 3-4 replacements and so be ahead in money

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Luke.

Distinguished Member
+1 with Torx, I love my jebao I have the rw-8 on my tank , even the very small rw is powerful and controllers are simple and easy to use / powerheads easy to take apart to clean it ! Like torx said cheaper and pets and ponds is Canadian and I believe from ontario great help from my experience.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Other then price, there is only one downfall, flow direction. Vortec can only be mounted where the dry side stays dry, so no back wall mount on most AIO tanks. They also can not be directed. Other powerheads can be mounted just about anywhere and then adjust the direction of flow to wherever.

SamB

Super Active Member
Price is obviously a secondary consideration to the OP as she has identified that she wants QD !

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
sorry, what is AIO? And where do you buy your jab for best price? Thanks for so many opinions.
All In One tank. The tanks with the section in the back for the equiptment. I normally get my Jebao stuff directly from fish-street.com we get a 4% discount there. Also, shipping is normally a couple days, although the site says a few weeks.

SpongeAl

Most people aren't aware but the Tunze Turbelle 6040 is an awesome alternative to the MP10.

Since it is low voltage it can be connected to a battery backup, it is somewhat controllable, much less money too. Probably more durable too, time will tell, my MP10 was basically shot in a year, so the bar is pretty low, but all in all I like the Turbelle shape much better, its easy to hide and much quieter then my MP10 was.