SOLD Ai Hydras

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by carnut, Jul 9, 2017.

1. carnut

carnut New Member

I have 3 Ai hydras 2 not working 1 still working. One controller. Power supplies on all 3 seem to still work.

Have extras mother boards and led pucks if someone wants to play with them. Free you pick up would consider delivering for a frag or 2

Throwing out at end of week.

2. Winks

Winks New Member

PM sent

3. aaron86

aaron86 New Member

I'm second

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Cliff

Cliff Active Member

Ohhhh man I sooo need these. 3 of my 4 hydras have burnt out pucks and ai does not sell pucks anymore! I will buy these off u. I will b third in line for sure!!

5. carnut

carnut New Member

Okay I have been overwhelmed by the number of people that need parts. Will answer in order of reply. Please be patient

EricTMah likes this.
  6. Hong

Hong Member

Do these light fixtures burn out pucks/pads often?

7. Cliff

Cliff Active Member

My royal blue lights all burnt out on all 4 of my units. I had 1 repaired a couple years ago. That was awesome. Recently ecotech has bought out ai and their repair policy has gone down the drain. They will no longer fix these lights. They want to upgrade you to 52hd at the discounted price of $500 per unit!!!! I will not spend that much just to fix 4 burnt out led's I have been looking for blue pucks for about a year now

8. EricTMah

EricTMah Aquariums by Design

Hong likes this.
  9. Cliff

Cliff Active Member

Unfortunately those pucks are their left over old stock. They don't have the blue pucks and will not produce them any longer. Unless something has changed in the last 4 months

10. Nonuser

Nonuser Distinguished Member

Now a days almost nothing can be repaired. The consumer model is to have a short life cycle most buyers have already thrown out the product before components can fail or the company has released a newer version of the product and they consider it to be counter productive to support their legacy products. Ie nothing's backwards compatible.

11. Cliff

Cliff Active Member

That does seem to be how our society is going; but when you're talking $4000 worth of lights and they are ir-repairable after five years of use to me that's unacceptable! Yet that does seem to be the way that big business keeps you spending. I just don't have that much money to keep investing Lol

EricTMah and TORX like this.
  12. Nonuser

Nonuser Distinguished Member

Very true. It's hard to be an early adopter because of this very problem.
    I was surprised when Neptune Apex continued to sell their older product as a "Classic". Not sure if it helped sales of the new generation product or it was preceived as lack of confidence in the new product.