Aiptasia

Discussion in 'Disease/Problem Diagnoses & Treatment' started by nelson, Oct 25, 2017.

1. nelson

nelson New Member

Hello all,

@Shooter000 Got me thinking when he replied to my other topic that maybe I am going too far too quickly to get rid of my aiptasia problem. My plan was to remove some rocks and let them dry out to get rid of them. So my question is how do all of you get rid of aiptasia in your tanks. Besides the obvious of not letting it get into your tanks to start with ( a little late for me). :)

Regards

2. Kevin Cantelon

Kevin Cantelon New Member

peppermint shrimp. I bought 6 shrimp and had about 25 aiptasia. They ate them all in 2 days and I havent seen an aiptasia for months.

3. Salty Cracker

Salty Cracker Administrator Staff Member Website Admin

Nudibranch. I put a pile of them in, aiptasia disappeared, and then the nudis (likely) died off (haven't seen one in a while). Not convinced they are 100% gone, so likely will try to find a few more sometime in the winter, but WOW they worked like a charm.

Shooter000 likes this.
  4. Matt1997

Matt1997 Member

Depends. If it’s just one or two I usually get a pipette full of lemon juice get as close to the aptasia as possibly and hit it with a good shot.