Alarm If On Longer Than

milanz

My love hate with my apex continues...

Is there no way to sound an alarm if an outlet has been on for longer then X amount of time. I sometimes turn on my ALK or CA to make adjustments to my levels. I've been really careful to set an alarm on my phone to remind me to turn it back to auto after a specific amount of time passes... But I always fear that one day my A.D.D. will kick in and I end up forgetting about it over night. It would be nice if I could set a chirp after 20 minutes to remind me it's still going.

Any ideas if it's possible?

Nighthawk26

For sure there is a way to do this. At the very least to turn the outlet OFF, and send notification at the off statement. Check out the Neptune Apex forum and ask there if it's not already posted.

My A.D.D used to kick in before I had my ATO properly set up and I would forge to turn off the RODI while filling a 5G bucket. Sadly, more than a few times did I leave it over night, and sometimes longer. Oops. Not fun.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
You need to create a virtual outlet and add the below code. It will leave the virtual outlet OFF until the Return Pump is turned off. Then it will turn ON after the set time. If you turn the pump back on manually or through code before the set time, the alarm will not go off. Tested just now on my apex. Change the names to what you use or the Outlet you are looking to set the alarm off.

Name Outlet:V1alarm
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Outlet RtnPump = OFF Then ON
Defer 020:00 Then ON

Then create an alarm that says

Set OFF
If Outlet V1alarm = ON then ON

milanz

you could also use a feed mode to run the pump for a specific amount of time.
I've considered this too.

Probably a combination of both would be best. Thinking I should probably add a couple of these virtual outlets as sanity checks for a couple of my devices just to be safe.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
you could also use a feed mode to run the pump for a specific amount of time.
This would work with the delay alarm as well if you set the times right. I use feed buttons for feeding, but sometimes turn things off manually for maintenance and other reasons. No harm in redundancy. :)

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk