Alk Staying Low

shamous113

That would make a alkalinity solution, I am wondering how to test my specific solution. I do not know my stock solution is in order to start the calculation. I have asked on their forum and hoping to get a response. If I use the 18ml RO and 2ml solution, that tests off the charts, I stopped testing after it hit 12dkh.
On a plus, testing alk this morning I am up to 7dkh. But that is dosing 200ml still.

sorry I was just giving that as a example for dilution. I assume that it would be close to randy's original formula at 5300dhk, fauna marine states "Dissolve 500 g of sodium bicarbonate mixture into 4 litres of RO water" so if you dilute 1ml of stock solution in 999ml of ro water you should end up with a solution that reads 5.3dhk. the greater variable is in the calcium, for example dow flakes xtra varies 83-87+% pure and people assume that 85% is a good middle ground to choose when doing their calculations, +-2% is a 800ppm difference in your stock solution.

Did a more accurate test this morning and it was 7.5dkh. At 8 dkh now. Dropped my doser to 150ml and will test a few times tomorrow as i have the day off again.
Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
I'm glad that it's coming up just don't exceed 1dhk in 24hr

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Only low alk I've ever had was indeed a mag issue. I grabbed a salifert test for mag so that I could add it more accurately. Since I run the gfo non-stop it -could- be that I'm already adjusting for it?