Announcement

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Just a note, for those that haven't heard through the grapevine:

I won't be running the next fragfest, it honestly just takes too much time, mental character and brainpower, none of which I don't have in sufficient quantities as of late.

That said, I have offered to pass it on into the hands of TORX, who for some insane reason has tentatively agreed to take it on. I think it will continue in more or less it's current state, as this was definitely the most busy/successful show that I held over the past 4 years. Of course, that will be entirely up to him. He's proven himself to be a good guy, a true fan of the hobby.

My hopes is that the 'fest either continues to benefit charity, and/or thefragtank.ca. If we can ensure that fragtank gets the funding it needs to keep it sponsor/bullshit free, then fragfest is a success. Again, that will be up to Torx. He takes on a great deal of responsibility, but I leave it to him to decide what direction fragfest takes.

So thank you all for a great 4 years. I do plan to attend the next fest, if only as a vendor, and that may give me the incentive to up my game, as some of you had fantastic displays that puts me to shame....without all the overhead baggage I have no excuse not to bring a better "show to the show". I don't think I can beat the jellyfish display though, that was kickass.

So welcome Torx as the new overlord and tyrant. May he get as much enjoyment as I did from the show, and from all of you over the years. You're the best group of coral freaks on the net, without question.

-Glen (The saltiest of Crackers)

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Thanks for all you have done, all the fragfests were great and I hope they continue, best of luck to you moving forward.

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
As long as the 'fest benefits the forum, we're all good. I'll be giving him everything including contact lists, tips, etc etc so that next year can even be better than this year. There's a few things that have to be tweaked such as the table payments and raffles, so that everyone can know well in advance what items will be. Most of that was my fault, but easily remedied. Also, man do we ever need music during the event :)

It will be just as good or better next year, Torx is way more focused than I am!!!

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Thank you for the opportunity to keep this great event going. No worries, there are no plans to switch this around from the current outlines. The funds are going to a great cause, one of which has helped out many people directly and indirectly on this site. On a direct note, it always does help out the site through awareness and through the donations from members throughout the event. Glen has created a great event that is enjoyed by hundreds of hobbyists. There was also a large number of youth with their parents there this year. That was amazing to see the kids involved in the hobby. Mind you I am surprised they made it past the jelly fish tanks, I am surprised I was able to get past them.

This event will continue. Bigger and better every year as it has in the past. I thank Glen, family and friends for starting/assisting this annual event. I thank the vendors for their continued support. I thank the guests for their continued support. Together we all have our part while giving back to the community. I will be reaching out to individuals as the event approaches for assistance.

J_T

Website Affiliate
Website
www.jtcustomacrylics.com
As long as the 'fest benefits the forum, we're all good. I'll be giving him everything including contact lists, tips, etc etc so that next year can even be better than this year. There's a few things that have to be tweaked such as the table payments and raffles, so that everyone can know well in advance what items will be. Most of that was my fault, but easily remedied. Also, man do we ever need music during the event :)

It will be just as good or better next year, Torx is way more focused than I am!!!

Shows you how stuck to your table you were :) MAST had music playing all day! I would know being the booth next to it! I made sure it wasn't sissy top 40 crap!