Anyone from chatham that knows about mp40 vortech

Overon

Website Affiliate
Wet side has been having problems since pesky snail got in there. The propeller looks good but i don't known if it has become stripped if I have to buy maintenance kit its only 20 so that would make me happy if its toast then it will got me 80. I like to see if someone can tell me which i will need please.

Overon

Website Affiliate
great now the other one stopped working waited 2 years to get these and cant even get them to work for a week ready to lose my mind.

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
You need to be more specific with the "problem".  What's happening exactly?  Is it noisy, or is the controller flashing red?  Be a little more specific and I'm sure someone here will be able to give some advice.  Also how old are your MP40's?  Did you buy new or used?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Welcome to Vortec. Sad to hear you are having issues with them. This is a case of you do [not] get what you pay for. Good luck.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

Overon

Website Affiliate
I took it apart and followed how to put it back together and it starts to spin and makes a bit of loud sound and then stops moving. Then red light comes on. I didn't tighten nut to much like it said and i am pretty sure alining up right. Not much to wetsides so i don't think they are broke just wish I knew someone close to take a look at them.

EricTMah

Aquariums by Design
Website
www.aquariumsbydesign.ca
Sounds like calibration was not performed correctly.

http://www.ecotechmarine-asia.com/supports/faq/faq_vor_a_en.html

That's a guide to solve your problem

I have a friend that had similar issues and turned off the Disconnect Auto-Shut off mode and it's been running since with no other issues.