Apex Afs Programing Help

Chef G

Hey Everyone
I've set my Apex AFS up and fine tuned the amount to feed etc. Ive set up to feed once at 1700 problem is I want my two vortech pumps to shut off the same way i have them programmed to when i manually active feed cycles.

What line of code do I need, to make each vortech pump shut off for 10 mins from the time my AFS goes off?
Currently i cant even come up with the code to have the pumps shut off when the AFS goes off.
Still trying to learn/understand the code lingo.....

Any help much appreciated guys!

Chef G

Go to the pump that you want off and use line code like

If FeedA 010 Then OFF
I Know how to do that but that would mean I would have to manually click feed cycle A. Looking for code to make them shut off when the AFS turns on at 1700. Currently have the AFS to feed once at 1700.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Another option, if you want it to change automatically if you change the time you could just add the outlet to the pumps program. I believe the AFS will be named something like "Feeder_4_1". You can add it like an outlet to the code for the vortech pump outlet:

If Outlet Feeder_4_1 on then off
Defer 10:00 Then On

If that doesn't work, there is always virtual outlets as well. That is the ideal programming as you can easily set it up to turn off skimmers and other delays but is a little more work. I personally did not really ever get into virtual outlets on my Apex.

Last edited:

Chef G

Another option, if you want it to change automatically if you change the time you could just add the outlet to the pumps program. I believe the AFS will be named something like "Feeder_4_1". You can add it like an outlet to the code for the vortech pump outlet:

If Outlet Feeder_4_1 on then off
Defer 10:00 Then On

If that doesn't work, there is always virtual outlets as well. That is the ideal programming as you can easily set it up to turn off skimmers and other delays but is a little more work. I personally did not really ever get into virtual outlets on my Apex.

Ironically enough I was trying to do this way also but couldn't get it to work because I wasn't putting in outlet in my code LOL well thanks TORX least now I know I wasn't crazy and was just one word off from making my originally code work. LOL