Apex Afs

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I recently picked up a used Apex AFS (Automatic Feeding System) and I absolutely love it. Well almost all of it. It literally was plug and play. Took all of 30 seconds to set up and install with my favorite 1mm and 2mm PE Mysis pellets mixture. There is no power cord, just simply plug the USB cable into the unit and to an available port on the Apex. Open Fusion and add the tile to the main page. By default there is 1 feed programed for 3PM daily. You can easily adjust the time and number of times per day and more rotations as well. So simple. The unit is sealed so no moisture enters the unit.

As for the 'almost loving it' statement. Reviews are correct, these are loud. Not crazy unbearable, especially as it only goes off as programmed, but you will know it is running even under a canopy or hood. You could feed while you were not at home and never hear it. I do understand why people such as @shiftline installed in the sump area. I will be doing the same once I redo that part of the room.

AFS_screenshot.jpg

shiftline

Website Affiliate
The secret to making it quieter is hiding it in your sump! I like mine too :)

Out of sight out of mind! Hehehe