Apex To Pc To Program

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I used to have the apex connected via an access point wireless, but that hasn't worked in a while, so I'm trying to access the unit direct to a laptop. I tried the instructions on the apex site but it still doesn't connect. Would it be as simple as hooking up a wired router between the two to get it to work? (If that makes sense) ?

Kman

Super Active Member
Next time you can also go to the Apex display and browse to the network settings and see the IP address of the Apex. Then you might have to change the subnet of your PC to match what the setting are on the Apex, if they differ that is. They should not if you set a static IP at some point unless you swapped out for a new router. Then connect directly to the apex and type in the browser the IP of the Apex. (Firefox works best for me) Or they have an Apex network diagnostic tool on the below page. Take a look at the advanced networking guide for more details.

https://www.neptunesystems.com/downloads/docs/Advanced-Networking-Guide.pdf
http://www.reeftronics.net/

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
It worked with the router, I tried all the manual settings from the apex page to get them to connect, but something wasn't working.

Now I just HAVE to get the wireless working. What are you guys using for an access point or are you hard wired to a router?

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I am hardwired and that is the only way I recommend. Power line adapters seem to work well though if you really need wireless

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Yeah, there's no way to connect wired to the tank wired, I had a wireless adapter for 2 years, gave up the ghost and I couldn't find the same one. The new netgear just will not connect.

Is there a way to use an actual router to connect? I think I would have to hack the firmware to make it an AP though if I recall correctly... ?