Aptiasia Removal

ColbytheClown

So I'm 99% sure I have aptasia in my tank and want to get it removed ASAP. Which method should I use? I've heard that you can use lemon juice, white vinegar, boiling ROD water or there is a specific chemical...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 146

ThePaliga

Torx is quite right. The first picture is a feather duster and are great filter feeders. The second however is. Luckily, I have had great success with peppermint shrimp. Throw a couple in and let nature do it's thing. Just make sure you're getting peppermint, not camelbacks...

Last edited:

nevek67

In my fight with both aptasia and mojano I can honestly say if you really want to nip it in the butt use 2 methods of removal.

I personally used Aptasia X its about $18 at Big Als and then I bought about 4 peppermint shrimps.

I read somewhere the pepp's won't eat larger Aptasia so I used the Aptasia X on everything I could reach, and the pepps took care of everything else. I also used APX on the Mojano.. Those are a little harder to get rid of, the APX doesn't work as well.

It takes a few applications to eventually get them all but be diligent and you'll get rid of them in no time :)

ColbytheClown

In my fight with both aptasia and mojano I can honestly say if you really want to nip it in the butt use 2 methods of removal.

I personally used Aptasia X its about $18 at Big Als and then I bought about 4 peppermint shrimps.

I read somewhere the pepp's won't eat larger Aptasia so I used the Aptasia X on everything I could reach, and the pepps took care of everything else. I also used APX on the Mojano.. Those are a little harder to get rid of, the APX doesn't work as well.

It takes a few applications to eventually get them all but be diligent and you'll get rid of them in no time :)
Thank you so much!!!

Kjmsmith

I had a serious outbreak a few years ago and my true peppermints didn't do the trick. I ended up getting a Klein's Butterflyfish who cleaned up hundreds of aiptasia within days! Unfortunately I had to sell him back to the FS a month or so later as he started to peck at my large BTA!!! Too bad, he was a great fish but I can now keep the tank in check with Aiptasia X as the other posted recommended.