Aptisia control

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaked

Hey i took a chance and bought 2 pepperment shrimp, i was gonna get a camel too but they were sold out.
any way, after the second nite i noticed my almost 2" aptsia gone, sweet. was it the shrimp, i didnt know.
    after the third nite all aptisia attacking my hammers were gone, a totale of 7  of aptsia sone.

shrimp have molted on forth nite.  well at least 1 forsher, good molt.

they do work but then agian after reading the net, i got mabye lucky, ?

Seggsy

I bought about 100lb of live rock for my 75g - notice a couple aptasia when I got it home.  A couple of days later, I really looked - noticed DOZENS and DOZENS of them starting up.  Was a couple of weeks before I finally found and bought peppermint shrimp - all but the 2 biggest aptasia gone within a week.  I later had a nano with a few in there, so I scooped one of my pepps from the 75g and threw him in the nano - problem solved!  I think that the pepps are better than the camels, and also reef safe.

S

shayneh

Yea they will get the little ones but the big ones are a problem and unless you have a Berghia Nudi to rent you might as well use the kalk method and not have to worry about any extra livestock using up your total tank allowance.

Kleko

I have a 24g nano and Aptasia is everywhere scince the new landscaping I think im goign to get a pep shrimp

blaked

I have never used the injection method, but i have used lemon juice to cure fish of red worms...
good to know it has other uses for the reef tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.