AQUEON Circulation Pumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I purchased the Aqueon 500 circulation pump to have it break like a week later when I was flipping a snail over with a net and bumped it with net. I have attached a picture of where it broke, all of these pumps, regardless of model/size seem to be built the same way.

dale

Ya i thought they looked cheap thats why i went with koralia. Big als will price match and ship for free if over 75 bucks.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I will prob just pick one up from bill at incredible aquarium. Haven't been there in awhile and he's always got neat stuff to look at. It is mixing salt right now, I might try to take it back, see what they say.

B

Bill@IA

jerry_doucette link said:
I purchased the Aqueon 500 circulation pump to have it break like a week later when I was flipping a snail over with a net and bumped it with net. I have attached a picture of where it broke, all of these pumps, regardless of model/size seem to be built the same way.

jerry_doucette,  That isn't normal for that product so I am sure something was stressed or cracked before you got it.  Since you got it locally, I assume, bring it back for an exchange. Aqueon has a Lifetime Limited Warranty so local merchants can give you an over the counter exchange. It is that easy.
If you had it mailed to you you will have to mail it back and wait....but it will still be exchanged...just cost you a little more to get that done.

:)

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
R

reeffreak

IM going to have to say that this product is junk , I purchased one had it going for 6 months and the exact same thing happened to mine as jerrys , broke in the same spot , cant see it being streesed or cracked for both of ours for this to happen . But the information bill gave is very useful I will be taking mine back to where it came from and replacing it for sure .

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
I have the 1650 model of this pump and I like it. Never a problem. Starts forward Everytime. Solid build and moves a ton of water. When my wave maker died I only ran this power head and everything in my tank moved rather well. Almost considered not replacing the wavebox lol. But I enjoy the wave in my tank. So now this pump sits in the back bottom corner pointing up to the surface. Huffed behind rock work. Every once in a while I turn it on just to mix things up. No complaints whatsoever with aqueon.

Blob-79

Super Active Member
yea ive used one in the past, its not in use atm but imo for the price they are a good pump. Never had any issues with mine. Only thing about them is they provide a very laminar flow.

R

reeffreak

mines an oceanice i just checked , it also has a lifetime warranty but the place I bought it from doesnt stock them and told me to go threw Oceanic to get a new one . Bill do you carry these in stock ??

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Krazykarl link said:
I have the 1650 model of this pump and I like it. Never a problem. Starts forward Everytime. Solid build and moves a ton of water. When my wave maker died I only ran this power head and everything in my tank moved rather well. Almost considered not replacing the wavebox lol. But I enjoy the wave in my tank. So now this pump sits in the back bottom corner pointing up to the surface. Huffed behind rock work. Every once in a while I turn it on just to mix things up. No complaints whatsoever with aqueon.

Hey KK,

So your wavemaker quit on you? Were you able to get a replacement under warranty?

R

reeffreak

Petercar link said:
That's what petsmart Carrys?

Ya they do and so do a few other places but thats not where I got it ... But thats where I went and got the replacement with no receipt on the spot no questions asked .

Status
Not open for further replies.