At A Loss.....

S

sirhc13

Woke up this morning to a cloudy white QT tank housing a sm flame angel, sm pair of clowns, sm black leopard wrasse a cleaner shrimp and a Sally Lightfoot crab. It is a 35g Qt that has been running for the past few months with no issues at all. The livestock was added 2 weeks ago and no issues till this morning.

Yesterday I did a 5g water change and afterwards I added a bottle of Tigger pods to try and get the Leopard wrasse to eat, I took some rock rubble out of my DT sump put it in a pile in the QT and turned of lights an filter for about an hour and released the pods into the pile of rubble. I checked the tank a few hours later before going to bed and everything looked A ok!.

The Clowns and Leopard wrasse were still alive, the cleaner shrimp was on his back but after transferring him to my frag tank it looks like he will make it!. Unfortunately the Flame angel was deceased and the crab isn't looking like it'll make it.

Nitrate are LO as per my idip
Phosphate LO
ALK is 57ppm or 3.187 dkh
PH 6.8
Salinity is at 1.025

Any help trying to figure this out would be appreciated!

S

sirhc13

Running for the past few months with what in it?

Substrate? Filtration?
Fluval internal filter, no substrate, was using as qt for some corals. I removed all corals, did a 50% wc and added the livestock a few days later.

S

sirhc13

I have an ammonia alert badge on the tank....ammonia tested LO with my idip...I also added colony and prime before fish

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

S

sirhc13

Did adding the whole bottle of pods nuke the tank?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

nathan

Super Active Member
Website Affiliate
It shouldn't nuke the tank but is it possible the bottle of pods was bad/expired

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
It shouldn't nuke the tank but is it possible the bottle of pods was bad/expired

Agree...and/or full of a food source for the pods that triggered the bacterial bloom. I have never had the need to buy packaged pods so I am completely unaware of what they are packaged in.