Ato Breakout Box Issue For Apex

Kman

Super Active Member
So this is really bugging me.

I am having an issue with my ATO connected to my breakout box. When i first installed it the Apex base unit the apex would not recognize it and the SW1 would not activate if i moved the float for open/closed. (I know it doesn't show up like other modules)
So i had to install it on my PM2 module. I got it to recognize it on the PM2 and the switch will go open/ closed as it should if i remove water, It works for a short time then all of a sudden the pump will not come on when the switch closes or the pump will come on and not turn off if the switch is open. I originally had it in plug 7 but changed it to plug 8 thinking this was the issue as 4 and 8 are best for low wattage hardware. It did not fix the issue. I have tried different terminals on the breakout box. (like spot 2 and 3)

Am i supposed to configure the plug outlet itself or does it have to be a virtual outlet? I wonder if it is a bad breakout box

My programing is below.

(PM2 name for it is SWX4_1 and SWX4_2)

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If SWX4_1 OPEN Then OFF
If SWX4_1 CLOSED Then ON
If SWX4_2 OPEN Then OFF
Defer 004:00 Then ON

Kman

Super Active Member
I do not think that it is possible to have a bad BOB. I have made one for 10$, they are just wires, no board or anything. Have you tried another switch?

I have tried different switches on both the Apex base and PM2. I also only hooked up one float at first and then the other with the same issue. I did buy the reefkeeper float switch kit and had to cut the ends off but that should not matter. I ever soldered the wires together and taped them thinking it was a bad connection.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
First verify your float is working by pushing the float UP and hold it there for a minute. Should show as OPEN on the dashboard. Then push it all the way down, hold for a minute. Should show as CLOSED.

You can also omit 'If SWX4_1 CLOSED Then ON' from the code as it is understood that OPEN is ON, which automatically means that CLOSED is OFF.

Kman

Super Active Member
If I pushup and hold the float up it shows open on the dashboard , If i push all the way down and hold it will show closed. Both have been programed and tested in fusion and the old ip based login.
i will try omitting what you suggested.

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
Because you have the Set Off statement you don't need the if sw open then off statement

Pistol

Super Active Member
Donor
This is mine, the osc statement only allows it to run for 4 1/2 minutes every 240 minutes, the defer is in case it is bouncing.

Fallback OFF
OSC 000:00/004:30/240:00 Then ON
If ATO_sw OPEN Then OFF
Defer 002:00 Then ON

Kman

Super Active Member
That makes sense I will try it. To be clear ATO_sw would be the name of my switch? In my case it would be SWX4_1 in place of ATO_sw