Ato's

613ReefGuy

Hey everyone. This seems like a common sense "this should work" but I just want to make sure.

I have 1 water reservoir that I want to feed 2 tanks. Both tanks have their own ATO unit and pumps. I want to have one line leave the reservoir then attach to a "Y" where the lines then go to their own pump. Is there any issue with this?

I am also wanting to do a similar thing with my dosing pump since both tanks are very close in size. I figure just double the dose so it splits and feeds each tank properly. This would save me from having to buy another dosing pump.

Any issues?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

AdInfinitum

Super Active Member
I would be worried about drawing your dose from one hose and splitting it after the pump. In thought it would split 50/50, but you may end up dosing more in one tank due to line routing friction.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
+1 it would be almost impossible to get it to split evenly after the pumps and then any restrictions would lead to almost the entire double dosing going to one tank.

You could do it with a solenoid valve that reroutes the dosing line back and forth inbetween doses to use just one pump.

Neopimp

Website Doctor
Staff member
Website Admin
I have 1 water reservoir that I want to feed 2 tanks. Both tanks have their own ATO unit and pumps. I want to have one line leave the reservoir then attach to a "Y" where the lines then go to their own pump. Is there any issue with this?

None.

I am also wanting to do a similar thing with my dosing pump since both tanks are very close in size. I figure just double the dose so it splits and feeds each tank properly. This would save me from having to buy another dosing pump.
Bad idea. For the reasons above. I would not attempt it without an Apex and a couple solenoid valves.

613ReefGuy

Thanks everyone. I thought the water would be alright. Dosing info helps a lot and makes sense.....
Time to sell the profilux plus 2 so I can go in a different direction

613ReefGuy

Unfortunately not. Just in an apartment and one of the systems is just a 18 gallon cadlight. Excessive with some of the equipment but I really want the water to stay as consistent as possible with ATO so there's not so many swings in changes.