Awesome glue for coral frags when nothing else is available and for emergencies.

MrHermit85

Just thought I would share my experience with this GEL glue. I trie it last night and it worked like a charm. I know that it is super strong as I placed my candy cane in too much flow and tried to get it off the rock again and I had to exert some serious pull power to snap it off again.

I managed to stick down 6 frags with this little tube and they are not going anywhere. I probably could have managed more but I was quite generous with the amount applied on each as I wasn't sure how well it would work. I only held each frag in place for about 30 seconds and whammo they were stuck for good. I didn't bother drying either surface and it still worked. Set me back just over  7 bucks and I am quite happy  ;D.

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Re: Awesome glue for coral frags

Yea how many ml is it? You can get 30ml of ecotech glue for almost that price, and it's the cats meow.

MrHermit85

Yeah Home Depot. I know I can get the propper stuff for a little more but I couldn't find any and my frags were flying around my tank so for those instances where options are limited then this stuff is good :) I had already bought it when I saw the other posts on dollarama glue so thought I would try it anyway l.

harleymike

Super Active Member

I bought some glue at the Anchor bay pet store. Was blueline glue. 8 bucks and it was a huge tube of it. Great stuff.
The dollar store stuff I found wasn't as good, and very tiny tube with not much in it.

MrHermit85

Hmm anchorbay is a little far from London  :) . In any case my only intent with this review was to share a good product that can be used in an emergency when you can't find the normal stuff and can't get to a place that stocks the normal stuff  :eek: (post title changed)

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
I get the same stuff by loctite at CanadianTire if the dollar store is out. One thing I did find is that the container does not allow you to get all the glue out. After it is 'empty', open up the holder, you will get another 2-3 frags worth out of the bottle.

harleymike

Super Active Member
Torx link said:
I get the same stuff by loctite at CanadianTire if the dollar store is out. One thing I did find is that the container does not allow you to get all the glue out. After it is 'empty', open up the holder, you will get another 2-3 frags worth out of the bottle.
Good idea.
Yup i know anchor bay is far. But if you find any blueline coral glue it's great stuff. And reasonably priced. Its the best bang for the buck i have found so far.
I agree, if your in a pinch. My wife just came home with a small tube of super glue. I cant get over to anchor bay for a week or so.
She did buy the super glue in port huron michigan. Its a less than half the price of the same stuff in Canada.

MrHermit85

harleymike link said:
[quote author=Torx link=topic=6457.msg63236#msg63236 date=1381078324]
Good idea.
Yup i know anchor bay is far. But if you find any blueline coral glue it's great stuff. And reasonably priced. Its the best bang for the buck i have found so far.
I agree, if your in a pinch. My wife just came home with a small tube of super glue. I cant get over to anchor bay for a week or so.
She did buy the super glue in port huron michigan. Its a less than half the price of the same stuff in Canada.

[/quote]

I am going to keep an eye out for blue line glue. I think I will take the holder off too as I still have a couple frags to glue.

I am headed to the dollar store this afternoon so I will compare the two for fun.