Back from Hawaii

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
So I returned today. Some devastation. My tank was filthy disgusting. Prob has to do with the fact my auto feeder was empty (so a lot of feed was dumped) plus my sitter feeding. Lots of green and algae on glass. My giant frogspawn is half dead. Red torch dead. Rbta looks withered. I left the LEDs at 50/50 when I left so now I'm second guessing my output again. So frustrating. Lost my bop frag from teebone. Pretty upset. Looks like ill be doing 5 major water changes as my po4 must be high. Oh well. I should sell these kessil mad order my ati fixture like I wanted to in the first place

Krazykarl

Super Active Member
Nope I changed nothing.  I think over feeding occurred big time spiking my nutrient levels. I am not positive however. This is why I change my mind on LEDs so much. In my mind I think there is no such thing as too much light (to an extent obviously). My halides with rb LEDs grew awesome. There is no dimming halides. LEDs-you read so much about dimming them low to acclimate and drive up. Or LEDs are not capable of sustaining. I find myself constantly playing with the dials trying to find that happy medium. I turned them down about 25% before I left in fear I would bleach things. So are the lights to blame? Ugh. I shoulda just ordered t5 lol

teebone110

Distinguished Member
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
Krazykarl link said:
Lost my bop frag from teebone.

oh_gif-gif.4719

Oh well buddy.... live strong! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.