Best Fuge Algae

reef keeper

Super Active Member
alright. It's Christmas and I'm looking at algae types. Moving right along

I got some chaeto quite a while ago from Dr TMah, and it's pretty explosive growth wise.

My fuge is about half a 125 gallon tank lol. And it's FULL AGAIN! I try to keep it turned by hand every couple days, and I've already torn over half of it out once to give it some room to grow lol.

Am I best to stay with it? Or look for some other types that don't mass the same way.

And yes..... Caulurpa is out.

Anything kind of leafy ?

scubasteve

Distinguished Member
calurpa is one the best just leave your fuge lights on 24/7 it helps balance your ph swing at night anyway.... mangroves are a must in any of my tanks at least one for every 10 gal i say hell i got 10 or 11 in my 90 gal and they do wonders. now i have a forest of spaghetti chaeto, grape chaeto, calurpa and mangroves about 1.5 feet tall with 4-5 tiers of leaves. dollarama recessed spotlight bulbs and cheap home depot cfl gro bulbs work amazing and cheap as hell.

Quartapound

calurpa is one the best just leave your fuge lights on 24/7 it helps balance your ph swing at night anyway.... mangroves are a must in any of my tanks at least one for every 10 gal i say hell i got 10 or 11 in my 90 gal and they do wonders. now i have a forest of spaghetti chaeto, grape chaeto, calurpa and mangroves about 1.5 feet tall with 4-5 tiers of leaves. dollarama recessed spotlight bulbs and cheap home depot cfl gro bulbs work amazing and cheap as hell.
Do you have pics of your mangrove/macro refuge? Sounds impressive