Best Lcd Tv Out There?

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
Since I'm going to be holding off on the housing market. I was thinking of spending some of my cash on a new flat screen. Shamefully my current one is an lcd lg 42" nothing wrong with it I guess but it's hard to watch stuff or play ps4 on such a tiny screen.

I know you guys have the best of the best so what's the recommendations?

Thanks

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
Samsung and LG are the big 2. I wouldn't stray away from either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wut about the new 4g. And the Sony one?

Uhhmmm 4G or 4K? Is there a new type out there? ;)

I have a cheap Seiki that does 4K but only at 30 Hz ... so no good for the PC gaming. Is there even much content taking advantage of the 4K yet?

If money isn't an issue I would definitely go for an OLED TV. And there are new 4K OLED TVs that combine the best of both worlds.

Ahhhhhhhhh .... sorry I'm drooling now! LOL

Luke.

Distinguished Member
I've tried a lot of different tvs and video games and I hate bigger screens idc what anyone says there is always a screen lag because of how big it is I love my tvs around 30-45"

Yep 4K, that's about what they go for.

4g is phones I guess

Ha ... too funny. I get it though. I mix up acronyms all the time. Too much crap to remember. LOL

I've tried a lot of different tvs and video games and I hate bigger screens idc what anyone says there is always a screen lag because of how big it is I love my tvs around 30-45"

Yeah ... my TV is only 39" but I only sit about 6'-7' away from it so I wouldn't want anything more than 42". I don't know much about the lag but I always thought the size of the TV should be based on the room size and how far you sit from it. I have a buddy that years ago had a 54"-60" TV (can't remember the exact size) that you were only sitting about 5' away from. After watching it for a while my neck got sore. It was like sitting at the front row in a movie theater. :rolleyes:

Yup ... that's what I was wondering earlier if there is even any content for 4K yet. But my understanding is that there is an INCREDIBLE difference in the contrast ratio in OLED TVs compared to standard LEDs. Although I've never actually compared the two side by side. So perhaps an OLED without the 4K would be at a somewhat more reasonable price point now. Probably not though ... guess that depends on how much you're willing to spend. ;)

Luke.

Distinguished Member
Mines a Samsung can't remmebe I think 37 or 42" it's great picked it up for 550 wih tax on sale 4 years ago never had an issue! Hard to tell but that's where I watch it from and it's about 6 ' away actually this is what im doing atm lol .. Lazy Sunday's
image.jpg

Petercar (RIP Dec 2017)

Distinguished Member
Donor
Uhhmmm 4G or 4K? Is there a new type out there? ;)

I have a cheap Seiki that does 4K but only at 30 Hz ... so no good for the PC gaming. Is there even much content taking advantage of the 4K yet?

If money isn't an issue I would definitely go for an OLED TV. And there are new 4K OLED TVs that combine the best of both worlds.

Ahhhhhhhhh .... sorry I'm drooling now! LOL
right at the moment netflix has a line of 4K shows on if yu go to there menu they have the 4K shows and yu can watch same shows not in 4K my new tv in bedroom is a LG 4K 49 inch and iyu can really see the difference between the 4K and non 4K on the 4K screen the tv in the living room is a LG 56 3D but in canada no shows are 3D if yu get a USA satellite they have shows in 3D the last world cup was shown in 3D on us satellite

Haven't had cable in three years no hockey or sports too expensive

HA .... same here. More like 6 years for me though. I just stream hockey and download the shows/movies that I want in 720p - 1080p. I pay a bit more for faster internet and download cap but I still save $100 per month at least from not having cable. I know A LOT of people that are going this route. Once they allow you to 'Pay Per Channel' .... y'know the ones that you actually want to watch instead of their stupid 'Package Deals' ... and the price is reasonable I may get cable again.

The best thing is NO COMMERCIALS!! :D

shamous113

I've got a 52" Samsung 4k flat screen and I love it. IMO don't wast your money on a curved screen you will always have light reflecting off of it no matter where it is in the room.