Best Lcd Tv Out There?

I haven't been researching the new TV technology lately. Is this TV a step above the OLED? Personally I research the crap out of almost everything before I buy it. Especially for that kind of coin. ;)

Have you checked out any forums where people comment on the new TV technology? I'm sure there must be some out there. After all that's why we all use these forums ... to get a general consensus on reef aquariums. What not to buy, problems and solutions, pros and cons etc. I don't always trust the reviews from the places that sell whatever product I'm looking at. But then the issue is that too much research can lead you towards more expensive products. :rolleyes: But generally you at least don't get a lemon.

I look forward to seeing and hearing about what you end up getting. :cool:

Dave.

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I tend to be a uninformed impulse buyer ;)

I would prefer someone to tell me what's the best in their opinion and then I take all those opinions and just buy what I want.

Actually I have a hard time committing to anything, I over analyze it until I give up or impulse buy

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
I need to buy a new tv when I move. My plan is to go to Factory Direct. They have about 20 different models showing the same movie/channel. Whichever has the best picture to my eye is the one I will buy. I find, for whatever reason, the most expensive ones don't look as good as some of the cheaper ones. Yes, 4k looks great, but until it is the broadcast standard, I'm not paying the extra coin. My 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
i bought a FLUID 55" 1080p on black friday last year for 399, best tv ive ever had, (samsung, toshiba, rca etc etc)

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
So, I still haven't bought a new tv. Mines only about six years old, no issues. But it's only 42" no smart tv. What's good out now? I was at Costco and they had this 75" quad core 4K tv and it was only $1999.99.

I have all this money in the bank and am having a hard time figuring out what to blow it on.

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
IMHO, 4k is over rated for what is available on them. I am with jeffopentax, i look at which one has the nicest picture within budget and needs. # of available HDMI ports is a big one for me. i need at least 3 or more for my living room. a lot of the cheaper TVs only come with 1

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
The oled still $3 grand and up more than I think is a reasonable price for a Tv.

Are they not like computers? Buy the middle of the road version

nelson

Basically all new tvs are fairly close to the same. I used to be a contractor for every major tv manufacturer once you get to a certain point the human eye cannot tell the difference in the picture. Also what most people dont understand is that you can buy and oled tv or 4k tv but if you dont pay for the higher quality signals from the cable companies the picture is not going to be any better then any other led tv. Despite what companies will tell you. Also dont let the stores fool you. They specificaly put better quality signals on there better tvs, although every store will deny this. Honestly buy the features you are looking for size, smart, hdmi ports, etc. And buy the best price. Buy from a place like costco or walmart and always buy the extended warranty. Costco and walmart probably have the best. Extended warranties. Tvs are only built to last 5 years so I guarantee you, if you get the exteneded warranty you will use it. Best buy probably has the worst warranty. Just in terms of price and what is covered.

For disclosure: I am no longer working for any tv companies, nor do I have any affiliation with any manufacturer or store. This is just MHO from working in the field and this is the same advise I gave to customers who asked me when I worked for these companies as well.

Nonuser

Distinguished Member
I believe you're right. Once the tvs at home with nothing else to compare the screen with you'll never know.the 6 year ld tv from Costco is fine just not smart tv and I'm under the impression that you can have kodi on these new fangled smart tvs without the need of a black box?

nelson

I believe you're right. Once the tvs at home with nothing else to compare the screen with you'll never know.the 6 year ld tv from Costco is fine just not smart tv and I'm under the impression that you can have kodi on these new fangled smart tvs without the need of a black box?
I couldn't tell you for sure anymore. I know all smart tvs have netflix and youtube which is what most people use. If you wanted to know if there was a kodi app available for the tv you are looking for. Just google the manufacturer app store Canada and I believe you should be able to look through the apps available.

jeffopentax

Super Active Member
FWIW - I bought a Seiki 55" 4k smart tv for $599 from factorydirect.ca 13 months ago. Haven't had a single issue with it. Of all the tvs they had (including lg and samsung), it had the best picture to my eye. You might as well go check out what they have. Don't even have to leave town!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEC

You can only install Kodi if your smart tv runs android. Most smart tv's do not.

If investing in a new smart 4k whatever just pay attention to the refresh rate pretty much. They all advertise a million shades of colors in their own format with very little ways to compare.

go with a 120 Hz refresh at a minimum. 240 would be ideal.

I notice a huge difference from my 4k to my 1080p LCD.

I don't pay for cable just Netflix HD which has a ton of hd and 4k content.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk