BIF (indoors)

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Salty Cracker link said:
I'm out in komoka park fairly often in summer, but canopy probably hides everything.  I had no idea we had eagles and that they liked poo.

It was a freaky big owl.  Just stared at me.  So I said \"go away\", but he didn't.  I think he was messing with me.  :)

you didnt.... 'use' your 'other' hobby to get rid of him didya...?

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Poseidon link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=8157.msg86405#msg86405 date=1395257235]
I'm out in komoka park fairly often in summer, but canopy probably hides everything.  I had no idea we had eagles and that they liked poo.

It was a freaky big owl.  Just stared at me.  So I said \"go away\", but he didn't.  I think he was messing with me.  :)

you didnt.... 'use' your 'other' hobby to get rid of him didya...?
[/quote]

Nah, I like predatory birds way too much.  I just didn't care for his carefree attitude and privacy-invasion tendencies. 

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
I have a client who deals strictly with predator birds, he goes to airports all over to let his birds out to scare for anything in the area when they run into problems.

One whistle and they start to dive down towards him looks like they are going to attack, last minute they open wings and smack into his glove, perched for its next instruction. The speed they travel is just amazing, they hit his glove so hard too when coming back to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
http://predatorbirdservices.com

Pretty cool stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
The Peregrine is renowned for its speed, reaching over 322 km/h (200 mph) during its characteristic hunting stoop (high speed dive),[6] making it the fastest member of the animal kingdom.[7][8] According to a National Geographic TV programme, the highest measured speed of a Peregrine Falcon is 389 km/h (242 mph)

-according to wikipedia
imagine a poor pigeon getting hit at 322km/h... haha POOF, just a cloud of feathers and the pigeon falls to the ground.
awesomeness

unibob

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
oh they wouldn't let it hit the ground, they would keep it in there claws.

Youtube some videos of a swoop :)
video added
[youtube]j3mTPEuFcWk

[/youtube]

Giglio324

On the herb gray parkway project in Windsor they have a predatory bird guy around all the time to prevent native birds from nesting on the work site. The cost of the bird guy per day...3000$ whoaaaaa. But if one of the birds setups up camp in a spot where they are trying to work the construction has to leave until the bird is gone, 2 months

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Giglio324 link said:
On the herb gray parkway project in Windsor they have a predatory bird guy around all the time to prevent native birds from nesting on the work site. The cost of the bird guy per day...3000$ whoaaaaa. But if one of the birds setups up camp in a spot where they are trying to work the construction has to leave until the bird is gone, 2 months

I'll just walk around all day firing a shotgun in the air for only $2000 a day. 

Poseidon

Distinguished Member
Salty Cracker link said:
[quote author=Giglio324 link=topic=8157.msg86438#msg86438 date=1395267209]

[/quote]

ill do it for 1500$, and ill bring 2 shotguns :D

Duke

Distinguished Member
Website Affiliate
clay pigeons, live pigeons, close enough eh ;-)

Giglio324

Poseidon link said:
[quote author=Salty Cracker link=topic=8157.msg86441#msg86441 date=1395269491]
[quote author=Giglio324 link=topic=8157.msg86438#msg86438 date=1395267209]

[/quote]

ill do it for 1500$, and ill bring 2 shotguns :D
[/quote]
you guys are hilarious, im sure the mol would love 2 guys, 1 with 1 shot gun and 1 with a shotgun in each hand firing aimlessly into the air. and the moe would love even more that you might actually hit a 'endangered native bird'. id allow it if i ran the government lmao

Salty Cracker

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
I'd like to point out that I would be using one of these:
[img=1400x1050]http://www.recoilweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Kel-Tec-KSG2.jpg[/img]

and he would be using a couple of these:
AIR+BLASTERS.jpg