Biocube 14 Day 40

Louie

So here's a little update as to how my first saltwater tank experience is going. I have a Biocube 14. Started with 20 lbs dry rock and 10 lbs sand. First chamber liverock rubble and chemical-pure elite. Second chamber, filter floss and Chaeto. Third chamber, purigen(between 2nd and 3rd chamber), heater and pump.

SG-1.026
TEMP-78
PH-8.2
ALK-10+-
AMMONIA-0
NITRITE-0
NITRATE-0
PHOSPHATE-0
CALCIUM-450+-
MAGNESIUM-1300+-

Tank is full of small pods, must have come in with the Chaeto, glass is covered. Green on rock(does not rub off with toothbrush) starting to get taken over by pink and purple coralline algae. Added some zoa frags just over a week ago and 2 clowns 2 days ago. Also have a blood red shrimp, 2 blue leg hermits, 1 emerald crab, 4 astrea snails, 2 nassarius snails, 1 tiger conch.

Attachments

• IMG_20181010_184031.jpg
    IMG_20181010_184031.jpg
    621.1 KB · Views: 73

Josh

Few pieces of advice i got for you. Zoas prefer placement down low TYPICALLY, however i have seen some thrive up top. If you notice they are starting to turn white peel them off and put them on the sand bed.

Conch's prefer deep sandbeds you may have a hard time with that one. Might want to get some sinking pellets to supplement his diet, they typically are better in larger more mature tanks. They will also eat nori.

Things are looking good, keep up the good work!

Louie

Few pieces of advice i got for you. Zoas prefer placement down low TYPICALLY, however i have seen some thrive up top. If you notice they are starting to turn white peel them off and put them on the sand bed.

Conch's prefer deep sandbeds you may have a hard time with that one. Might want to get some sinking pellets to supplement his diet, they typically are better in larger more mature tanks. They will also eat nori.

Things are looking good, keep up the good work!

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on them and if they need to be moved, I will. My sandbed is anywhere between 2-3", I will supplement his food, thanks for the advise, appreciate it.