Biocube 32 Water Temp

Tim A

Hi everyone,

My water in my biocube 32 i think is getting to high. I have my AC set to 76 in the house, the tank is by a window buy the curtains are drawn so the sun does no go directly on it to prevent algae build up. However, During the day the tank water gets up to 84. If i prop the lid open and blow a big fan across the top of the water it goes down to like 77 in a matter of a couple hours. I am sure this water temperature fluctuation is not good for the tank to go through on a daily basis. And I am sure this is just a summer issue and will not be as bad in the winter months. Does anyone have any suggestions? I cant really remove the lid as i cant afford a new lighting system and my cat would not like it very much if i did that.

Attachments

• IMG_1258.JPG
    IMG_1258.JPG
    779.4 KB · Views: 224

TORX

Administrator
Staff member
Website Admin
Website
www.thefragtank.ca
It shouldn't be getting up that high if the ambient temp is 76. What lights are you running? Unfortunately I do not think it is a summer thing unless you drop your house temp to the 60's in the cooler weather. Icecap makes a fairly cheap chiller that should take the edge off. By chance where do you keep the thermometer?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Tim A

I am running the stock LED's that come with the BioCube. I dont feel too much heat coming off them. It is why i chose the LED's on the new 32. My thermometer is at the back of my tank and about 1/2 way down.

Josh

Honestly welcome to owning a biocube, i suggest removing the flap at the back that lets you access the back section, it helps a little bit...

I unplugged my heater entirely and still had it cook. Ive added an overflow and sump to mine in hopes that this will solve this issue as well as open some other doors for me.

I would get crazy temperature swings on it as well

Tim A

There is no flap on mine. I have the 32 biocube.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 416

Janice

We have the same biocube and do not have this issue. I think that you placement next to the window is the issue. We have ours in a corner on the opposite side of the room from the window, and we do not have this issue.